Lots of questions

Started by randyripoff, June 20, 2006, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyripoff

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not using search on many of these; however, it seems that every time I use the search function, it gets overloaded.

I'm working on a conversion of IPB 2.1 to SMF 1.1 RC2, and I'd like to make some modifications--many modifications. I'm sure some of these are simple, and some of them more difficult, but I figure I'd try.

* It would be nice if there was a button/link at the bottom of a topic page that a user could click on and return to the list of topics within the forum.  I presume this involves modifying the footer of a particular Theme, but I'm unsure as to where to look, or how I would go about coding such a feature.  Any ideas or links to information?

* I want to modify the Next/Prev links to read "Next Topic/Previous Topic".  I'm sure that's fairly simple, but once again I'm not sure where to look. 

* Is there a mod to do a quick search within a specific forum?  If not, can anyone point me towards documentation that would allow me to create one?

* I'd like to have the "New Topic", "New Poll" and "Notify" buttons appear within a topic.  Is this something simple, or does it require greater modification?

Thanks for any help with this.  Once again, I do apologize for not being more thorough with searching, as I'm sure many of these questions are answered somewhere in these fora.

Elmacik

* Just copy the link tree in the Display.template.php thats above to below.
There is already a link to go to the board index. So you'll just copy it to under the topics in that file. (Just like in this site.)
* Go into  index.english.php to change those.
* You dont need a mod. Click onto advanced search, and select which boards you want to search in.
* Its as easy as copying some code from somewhere to some otherwhere.
Open MessageIndex.template.php and copy the relevant button codes, paste them into Display.template.php where the other buttons are.
Home of Elmacik

randyripoff

Thanks.  I just needed to know where to look.

Advertisement: