Board title misleading, IMHO

Started by sriedel, April 14, 2004, 01:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sriedel

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I got a bit lost due to the title "Site Bug Reports" of this board. I searched the boards for a while not finding the right place to post a bug report concerning SMF 1.0 Beta 4.1 Public -- just because the title of this board is "Site Bug Reports". I didn't want to post a bug concerning that site ;), so I didn't consider this board is the right place for post to bugs in SMF. Just a hint, hehe.

Peter Duggan

Quote from: sriedel on April 14, 2004, 01:21:13 PM
so I didn't consider this board is the right place for post to bugs in SMF.

It's not! ;)

But this is:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=60.0

QuoteWant help writing a modification or theme? Think you've found some minor typos or - don't say it - bugs?

sriedel

Hehe, that's really funny. If the board "Site bug reports" is the wrong place for SMF bug reports -- do you think the sticky thread "READ ME: posting of bugs" of [Unknown] himself is in the right board? I doubt it, this sticky deals with SMF bugs, not "site bugs" (whatever those may be) ;)

Anyway, I am sure the titles and the descriptions of those two boards are confusing many people. Just take the board title "Site bug reports" and the last part in the description "bugs should be reported elsewhere". Err, so what? Is this board a board for bug reports (indicated by the title) or shall they be reported elsewhere (which the description tells you)? ::)

Take a look at the percentage of posts/threads in the board "Site bug reports". If you find that only a minority deals with (supposed to be) bugs in SMF, everything is fine. But again, I doubt it: even [Unknown]'s post is in the "wrong" board. Ok, not totally wrong, but to some extent, hehe.

[Unknown]

Sriedel, it used to be the right place because there was no public release and hence no place to report them from other than the site.

Click the word elsewhere.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: