Custom fields in profiles - viewable by certain groups only?

Started by v8-powered.com, June 24, 2006, 06:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v8-powered.com

Hi,

I run a forum for a club.  Full forum access is only available for paid up members, so to make it easier to see who's who, I've added 'Real Name' and 'Contact Number' to the registration form, along with the option to make them publicly viewable in the member's profile or not.  I've also added them to the profile template for existing members.

What I want to do is to allow members of a certain membergroup (the committee) to see all members real names and contact details, irrespective of whether it's been made public or not. 

At the moment I've managed to make it so that the administrator can view them, like this :
if (!empty($context['member']['options']['show_real_details']) || $context['user']['is_admin'])

But that's not ideal, because I don't want to give the committee admin level access.

Another question, while I'm at it.  Like I said, I've added two extra fields to the registration form (just after the username and email), but I'm not sure how to make sure that the registration can only proceed if this information is filled in.  How would I go about that?

v8-powered.com

Advertisement: