News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Bogus]Permissions Bug!!!

Started by Killer Possum, April 14, 2004, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer Possum

It appears (even on a fresh install) that if you go to 'Manage Boards' then click on edit permissions, on the next screen if you click on the modify link to modify permissions manually, you get an error that says "The board you specified doesn't exist " and all the permissions are set to 0.

Chris Cromer

Heard of the search feature? Reported numerous times! ;)
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Killer Possum

Chris Cromer

QuoteNo, what's that???
Well it's this little feature that... oh wait you where being sarcastic. :P
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Killer Possum

Killer Possum

OK well I couldn't find a topic about my specific problem but what's going on is, my members cannot attach anything to there posts. I have them enabled, I have the permissions set, but even my global mods can't attach a picture :(

Ben_S

What are the symptons, do the attachment fields show, if not are attachments enabled in features and options, if they do show, do you get an error message when attempting to attach files?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Killer Possum

Well what's happening is, attachments are active. Everyone can see them, but only I can post them. I've double and triple checked the permissions and I have attachments set to allow (post and view) for my members, but they cannot post any attachments. They say that they don't even see the option to attach anything, I've created a test account to see and I verified that you cannot see the attachment form with any membergroups except for admin. It's really weird :(

[Unknown]

Do you have any deny permissions set at all for attachments?

Are you sure it's enabled in "Edit Features and Options"?

-[Unknown]

Killer Possum

I positive I h ave everything set right, I will PM you a test account with admin rights so you can check for me. I should mention it was working fine until I switched servers. And I did run that script you guys have in the downloads section, but that didn't fix it either.

Killer Possum

OK Unknown explained my error :P

Advertisement: