News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Reply to all in PM's

Started by Douglas, April 14, 2004, 11:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

With the advancement of the PM features, and the easy ability to send the same PM to multiple people, I would like to see the ability to reply to all.

If someone's suggested this previously, my apologies.  I could definitely use it (ask the Project Managers, I just sent them a PM tonight, and had to search for each name individually in order to do so).
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Homie

Anguz

I don't understand how the "reply to all" works, I'm sorry if this is supposed to be common knowledge (^^;)
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Ben_S

Once would assume the same way as in an email thats sent to multiple recipients, when you hit reply to all, it replies to the sender and all the other people in the too field. Currently theres only an option to reply to sender.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Anguz

ah ok... thanks for the explanation... I have never used that option in emails :P
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Oldiesmann

Reply To All is definitely handy. Another handy feature might be to be able to defiine "PM Lists", similar to a mailing list where you can group names under a common heading, and then just send it to that "list" and have it sent to everyone that you put on that list...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Jack.R.Abbit™

Just now I was trying to reply to sender and other recipients... and I thought, "A reply all feature would be handy"  I did a little search and found its already been asked for.  how about that.  :)

rhizome

Just wondering if this feature of "reply to all" is still being planned to be implemented

thanks

rhizome

Is this feature already in 1.1?
May tempt me to sign up for charter membership  ;)

dschwab9

Ben_S

I beleive the feature exists, there just isn't a link in the template currently.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

rhizome

Quote from: dschwab9 on May 22, 2005, 03:05:38 PM
It is not in 1.1
That's a real shame  :'(
It would be a really useful feature as it mimics regular email

Quote from: Ben_S on May 22, 2005, 05:00:35 PM
I beleive the feature exists, there just isn't a link in the template currently.
I guess some kind soul couldn't write a hack/script?
I'm finding myself saying "I really need this feature"  :D

rhizome

Sorry, bumping this

Any chance it will go in for the final 1.1?

DaveHanson

jdougher

Kraig K.

Here here I say for this feature.

I also like the idea of a "mailing list".

I wonder how hard it would be to code a mod for this.

Zenigata

Quote from: rhizome on May 23, 2005, 12:28:35 PM

I guess some kind soul couldn't write a hack/script?
I'm finding myself saying "I really need this feature"  :D

Yes, a mod would be nice.

DanielZKlein

Bit disappointed not to see more than a "might happen, sounds nice"; aren't there developers around reading these boards? I mean, this sounds like a must-have feature, and it's been requested quite a while ago.

(this was a verbose bump)

Kraig K.

I just started looking through the code for 1.0.5 and in InstantMessage.php there is a section about replying to all.  Now I'm not familiar with php so it may be a struggle for me to mod it but wanted to point it out for someone more familiar.

So maybe it's close to being implemented.

Advertisement: