News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Submitted new mod, what now?

Started by GTSdll, June 25, 2006, 08:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTSdll

Just wondering how long it takes to approve a mod (i know, i'm a bit impatient), and how stuff will be handled from here on.
I saw the "Mods and Packages" board, but looks like i have no permissions to post mine there (yet). I assume i'll get permission to do so, when my mod is approved.
Also is there a rule that states that i should not post about a mod that is not approved?
(ya, I'm pretty new to this board ^^)

If there is, you can remove the link below ;)

(link to mod)

I'd like someone to try it out, and i'd also like some translations for the errormessage.

Regards,
GTSdll
---> GTSdll Homepage [nofollow] <---

Harzem

You will wait until it is approved. That may take between 1 day to 2 weeks, due to how busy the mod team is.

When it is approved, you will hava a topic at mods and packages board automatically. And don't expect to be informed about creation of that topic, because you will not be informed :) Just check it once a day whether it is there or not.

You are allowed to give the link above, because no one can download it until it is approved ;)

"Üzgünüz, ziyaretçiler mesajlarında link gönderemezler. Eğer gönderdiğiniz linkin önemli olduğunu düşünüyorsanız, lütfen önce kayıt olun." (Turkish translation ;))

GTSdll

lol, alright. So no one can try it anyways :D

Thanks for that information, and for the translation.

Another question though:
Concerning adding languages to the mod, i assume the Errors.english.php should always be there, as fallback right?
Is there a way to dynamically modify a language file, when it is present or not?
I think, the mod will fail installing, when a language file (german for example) isn't found.

GTSdll

There should be someone who knows the answers to the questions in my last post ;)

Advertisement: