News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Submitted new mod, what now?

Started by GTSdll, June 25, 2006, 08:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTSdll

Just wondering how long it takes to approve a mod (i know, i'm a bit impatient), and how stuff will be handled from here on.
I saw the "Mods and Packages" board, but looks like i have no permissions to post mine there (yet). I assume i'll get permission to do so, when my mod is approved.
Also is there a rule that states that i should not post about a mod that is not approved?
(ya, I'm pretty new to this board ^^)

If there is, you can remove the link below ;)

(link to mod)

I'd like someone to try it out, and i'd also like some translations for the errormessage.

Regards,
GTSdll
---> GTSdll Homepage [nofollow] <---

Harzem

You will wait until it is approved. That may take between 1 day to 2 weeks, due to how busy the mod team is.

When it is approved, you will hava a topic at mods and packages board automatically. And don't expect to be informed about creation of that topic, because you will not be informed :) Just check it once a day whether it is there or not.

You are allowed to give the link above, because no one can download it until it is approved ;)

"Üzgünüz, ziyaretçiler mesajlarında link gönderemezler. Eğer gönderdiğiniz linkin önemli olduğunu düşünüyorsanız, lütfen önce kayıt olun." (Turkish translation ;))

GTSdll

lol, alright. So no one can try it anyways :D

Thanks for that information, and for the translation.

Another question though:
Concerning adding languages to the mod, i assume the Errors.english.php should always be there, as fallback right?
Is there a way to dynamically modify a language file, when it is present or not?
I think, the mod will fail installing, when a language file (german for example) isn't found.

GTSdll

There should be someone who knows the answers to the questions in my last post ;)

Advertisement: