what size server/hosting should i have?

Started by swamps, June 30, 2006, 05:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamps

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
hello.....i would like to have one url with 30 subdomains....with each subdomain hosting a forum....im hoping each forum will have about 200 members....any idea what size hosting package i need

any imput welcome

thank you

po

!Hachi!

try with vps as i can see your mysql will get HOT.so try with something like vps.if you want to stay online all time.i rec. powervps .
Happy Ramadan

swamps

thank you ...im not entirely sure what that is , but thanks

H

30*200=6000

If you are actually going to have 6000 users online at once then you will need a dedicated server and maybe more than one!
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Skipdawg

Quote from: huwnet on June 30, 2006, 12:32:41 PM
30*200=6000

If you are actually going to have 6000 users online at once then you will need a dedicated server and maybe more than one!

Agree 100% and make sure you are getting a very good allowance of bandwidth too!
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

swamps

Quote from: Skipdawg on June 30, 2006, 01:15:39 PM
Quote from: huwnet on June 30, 2006, 12:32:41 PM
30*200=6000

Agree 100% and make sure you are getting a very good allowance of bandwidth too!

any recomendation of how much?

p.s thank you every one :D

H

Quoteany recomendation of how much?

Dedicated servers range from £45 - £150 / month and you may require more than one.

I recommend you post at www.webhostingtalk.com in the Dedicated Server board as there are many well-respected hosts there
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

swamps

thank you ....and every one....your imput has been invaluble....you are  stars :D

respect

swamps

scorpiious

blah thats some bull. I have a account from www.siteground.com , its not a VPS or dedicated. I have unlumited databases, 800 gig bandwidth, and i host around 50-60 phpbb and 10 smf forums. Along with a uploading service and my main SMF site www.runeglobal.com is running fine.

Ben_S

Sigh, do you use anywhere near the 800GB promised? In fact since my site only uses between 600 - 700 GB a month, maybe I should cancel my dedicated box and move to overseller central, I mean siteground.

That said, I highly doubt the orginal poster will need a dedicated straight away.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: