SMF not recognisng users after moving to new server

Started by nediom, July 03, 2006, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nediom

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
I've just moved our SMF to a new server following the advice given in a post on this board i.e.: forum set to maintenance mode, exported sql structure and data file. Created new database on the new server, imported table data with PHPMyadmin. Uploaded all files to forum directory, ran settings repair tool to correct paths. The maintenance screen now appears but no-one is able to log in - it says wrong password for all accounts.

When I ran out of log-ins on one non-admin account it went to the password reminder routine which gave this error:

fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname

I've tried deleting all tables and installing a vanilla version of SMF which installed and worked fine.

I then tried: deleting all tables and restoring from the backup : emptying the members table and inserting just the membership data from the backup : exporting the original SQL data from the old server using PHPMyadmin and importing that.

None of this has worked -each time it says I have the wrong password and if I try to log in with a non-admin account i get the above error message.

I'm stumped - has anyone else got any ideas?

Advertisement: