SOLVED: User Can Logon and Post, But Registered Functions Are Hidden?

Started by 1drummergirl, July 05, 2006, 04:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1drummergirl

I have a user who can logon, but she gets the message:

"You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings."

The smf_login module shows her as logged in and she can post in the forums.  She does not have access to any of the registered-user only Joomla modules that should display when she logs in.  My test accounts all work correctly and no one else is reporting this problem.   Plus, my logs show that I have users who are logging in and accessing items from those modules so they are obviously seeing them.

I asked for her username and password so I could log her in on my machine.  I tried it and sure enough I get the same error message and the modules are not displaying.

Since it happens on two different machines to a single user, is it safe to assume something is corrupt somewhere in her record?

How do I fix this?

FYI - Joomla 1.0.10
Bridge: 1.1.4
SMF 1.1 RC2

PS - I had to create an entirely new account for this forum.  Somehow I got logged out and could not get logged back in.  I even tried the "forget your password" link but I never received an email with the password.  I had saved my original email and I'm positive I was using the correct password.  I gave up and finally created a new account.  Thought you should know.
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
Inspiration for girls who can!
www.girlscantwhat.com

tarquel

Did you get this problem after upgrading joomla to the latest version?

I have a similar problem.

I get this sort of thing happen [users not being able to access the registered users user menu although they seem to be logged in for example.... happens to me also] - happens everytime i update joomla [1.0.7 > 1.0.8 and 1.0.8 > 1.0.10].

I believe i've followed everything in the sticky'd guides [make sure you check them i'd suggest btw].

I'm gonna remove the bridge [1.1.4] and try it again i think shortly.

Nath.
Nathan H. - Network Administrator @ YBD [Edu]
Webmaster of 3MW [nofollow] & PCHM [nofollow]

1drummergirl

I've had it since 1.0.8.  I just went from 1.0.8 --> 1.0.10 today but it still exists with that user's logon.  I even registered some test users and it works ok for them.

I would have her re-register except that she has built some things in Community Builder and I don't want her to have to start over.  She DID have access to everything at one point.  Not sure when it stopped working for her.  Sometime in the last couple of weeks.

PS - I'm not getting notified of replies to my posts on here even though the box is checked.  Are there issues with this forum right now?
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
www.girlscantwhat.com

tarquel

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=97621.0

you might wanna check out this... solved my problem :)

otherwise - does the user appear correctly in the User List in the Administrator section of Joomla... AND does the user appear correctly in the forum user list?

I had a problem with this - which I solved by checking the SQL database entries, and found that one of the ID's didnt match up properly - one user didnt appear in Joomla but did in SMF - which caused them problems.

Cant check to find it at the moment, but the moderators helped me with what to look for, so look up my other posts if you are stuck on what to look for [be careful and backup the DB first of course].

Nath.
Nathan H. - Network Administrator @ YBD [Edu]
Webmaster of 3MW [nofollow] & PCHM [nofollow]

1drummergirl

I already added the patch for 1.0.9+ to resolve logging in issues for all users, but this one user still has the problem mentioned in the original post.

I will go take a look at the tables and compare the data.
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
www.girlscantwhat.com

1drummergirl

OK here's what I have found so far...

jos_users has 80 records

smf_members has 76

jos_comprofiler has 80 records

The user with the issue shows up in all 3 databases, tho.

I'm going to compare the usernames and see if I can figure out which 4 are missing from smf.  I also want to delete a few test users I have created, is it ok to just delete the records from all 3 tables or is there a smarter way to do this?

Right now I just have the 3 tables opened up in a spreadsheet to compare data.
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
www.girlscantwhat.com

1drummergirl

Just noticed the 3 test users I registered yesterday are showing up in Jos-Users and Jos_comprofiler but are not listed in smf_members.

What should I look for to resolve that?

Nevermind - one of them did and it's the only one that I activated.  Doh.
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
www.girlscantwhat.com

1drummergirl

Ok - got this one figured out.  My users logon started with a capital letter and she was logging on with all lower case letters.  I tried her logon with the capital and it worked!

I rememebr seeing discussion on this issue, but I didn't read through it.  Is it possible to make it work both ways on my site?   ???
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
www.girlscantwhat.com

Kindred

upgrade to bridge version 1.1.5 this has the case-sensitivity fix added.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

1drummergirl

I patched in the code from the combined readme.  Is that enough or should  I upgrade?
Gretchen

Girls Can't WHAT?
www.girlscantwhat.com

Otaplin

holas me acabo de registrar y no puedo ver el link de descarga por ke pasa eso ??

Advertisement: