News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Contact Page

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 06, 2006, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

1. Default SMF captcha should work fine if you use a custom captcha that would depend on how the mod did it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: Raffaele1977 on April 26, 2010, 11:38:26 PM
one question:
when i use the contact page, i receive the email...
but using imap i find it (the email) twice, one time in my inbox, one time in my sentmail...

this because in the header of the email, i find:
[email protected] <[email protected]>

i would just like to see in the header the name of the sender, not my email!!! and neither the email of my site!
example: Name <[email protected]>

how can i do it?

thanks for the beautiful mod... :)

I have been using this mod for awhile without any problems, but just noticed the

It only seems to be a problem when I use gmail through a browser and click reply.
It then uses the address <[email protected]> as if the reply is to myself and ignores the [email protected] address.

If I used gmail though Mailbox app on my phone or though Mail on my Mac and click replay it used the correct [email protected] as the reply address.

Any suggestions on how this could be corrected?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

The mod does the following:
sendmail($modSettings['smfcontactpage_email'], $subject, $m,$email);

Function definition:
function sendmail($to, $subject, $message, $from = null, $message_id = null, $send_html = false, $priority = 3, $hotmail_fix = null, $is_private = false)

$email - is passed as the from address from the form they enter
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ApplianceJunk

Just checked my package manager and see I'm currently using Contact Page 3.0
Guess it's time for me to update. :)

vbgamer45

Yeah just i don't think I changed that behavior for reference that code is in Sources/Contact2.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 12, 2014, 11:08:43 PM
The mod does the following:

Is that what this part is that I found in Contact2.php
Does mine look correct? Don't believe I ever changed anything, but who knows.

// Send email to webmaster
if (empty($modSettings['smfcontactpage_email']))
sendmail($webmaster_email, $subject, $m,$email);
else

Thanks!

vbgamer45

That's the default for the mod

You can try taking out the ,$email  part and see if it helps

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 12, 2014, 11:35:21 PM
That's the default for the mod

You can try taking out the ,$email  part and see if it helps

Hmm, just tried that and now in the header it just shows from <[email protected]> and to <[email protected]> with out showing the [email protected] in the header

Maybe it's just a fluke thing when using gmail in a browser, seem to work great other wise.

vbgamer45

hmm not sure I use the default sendmail function built into SMF so it should do the same thing that all the SMF emails do.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ApplianceJunk

Yea, I don't believe it's probably has anything to do with your mod now.
Just thought this would be a good place to ask first, thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks again for this great mod. it gets used often on my site. Sometimes to often. :)

ikeveles

Where can I find settings or something for this mod? I only found "SMF Contact Page Email: " in Mod settings > Misc

I can't even see the Contact page anywhere. And I installed the mod successfully. Tried uninstalling then installing it again but I still can't find the contact page nor the settings page...

vbgamer45

That is the only setting. 

It adds a button to the menu called Contact Page. It might also add one permission as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ikeveles

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 28, 2014, 05:38:22 PM
That is the only setting. 

It adds a button to the menu called Contact Page. It might also add one permission as well.
But there's no button either

vbgamer45

Check the manual install instructions make sure all the mod edits where made to the files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ikeveles

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 28, 2014, 06:28:24 PM
Check the manual install instructions make sure all the mod edits where made to the files.

I just double checked them all and every change was made correctly...  :o

vbgamer45

Then it might a language text string issue make sure your language is set to english not english utf8

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ikeveles

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 28, 2014, 07:01:32 PM
Then it might a language text string issue make sure your language is set to english not english utf8
Oh then this changes everything. My forum is Macedonian so the language is Cyrillic. If I change to standard English all of the Cyrillic text will get screwed up.

Any other way around this?

vbgamer45

You need to copy the text added to modifications.english.php to modifications.yourlanguage.php in the languages folder

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

minico

What files would I need to access in order to change the order of the text fields?  As an example, I think it would look better to have the "Email Address"  located under "Your Name" versus where it is located now at the bottom of the form.  Thanks

vbgamer45

Contact2.template.php in the themes/default folder

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: