Posts linked to calendar events show the wrong date

Started by ozfhg, July 07, 2006, 01:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozfhg

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Please help... I have created calendar events that are linked to posts:

Calendar entires are created correctly on the correct day.

Posts are created correctly in the correct place.

The date and time at the top of each page is correct.

But when I view the post the date given in Linked Events is 1 day more than it should be.

I am in Australia and have my Overall time offset set to 17.

If I change my Overall time offset to 0 then:

The date given in Linked Events is correct, but the time and date at the top of each page is out by 17 hours.

How do I fix this please ?

Thanks,

David

Aaron

I think this is a bug in SMF, I'll forward it to the developers so they can have a look at it. :)

ozfhg

Thanks for that.

Is there somewhere I can periodically check to see if the bug has been fixed ?

rotor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as ozfhg, except in RC3

Has there been a fix for this yet?

Thanks

rotor

jhfc

facing same problem in RC3 too... anyway to solve it currently?

Blinker

I am still having, and have always had, the exact same problem.

17hr offset, event shows on correct day in calendar but shows one day more at top of thread view for the linked event.

Developers, any ideas for a workaround?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Blinker, you posted in a 3 year old topic... ::) Perhaps if this is an ongoing issue with the more recent versions, you might want to make a topic of your own, or browse through the bug reports board - as I remember there is a topic on the same issue in 2.0.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Blinker

Lex, I know it's an old topic...here's the thing - this is a KNOWN BUG and has been around, well...umm, since the beginning. I've since found other topics discussing it, some fairly recent, some old as well. I bumped it in the hope someone would post back with a workaround or something. The motivation was caused by the event registration mod which reminded I'd had to turn the event linking feature off due to the bug.

The devs have known about this bug for years and it's still not fixed. Don't get me wrong, I know they're volunteers and what-not so I'm definitely not trying to sound ungrateful but at the end of the day this is a MAJOR feature of the forum that I cannot use.

Arantor

Well, I can guarantee it almost certainly won't be fixed in 1.1 now.

I haven't seen it listed in the bug tracker anywhere either to be honest.

Advertisement: