News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Background problem in SMF with Orsito Bridge

Started by tianto, June 15, 2006, 09:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tianto

Hi all..!

I have a little problem installing SMF and joomla with orsito bridge.

The problem is with the background....

In the first image you could see the SMF home page wrapped in joomla....it's OK (I'm using blackTed Skin from PixelSlot, that it's great!)

the problem is when I clic "show unread posts since last visit.." I ge this....no white background....

I have made a change in style.css for this skin...

Code (style.css) Select

/* The main body of the entire forum. */
body
{
  /* background-color: White;*/
}

I commented the background-color because i was havig problems with joomla template...like this...

Any Ideas??

Thanks very much!

Sebastian

cvondra

Identical problems at my site www.titoortiz.com.  Is there a joomla/smf theme that is close to blackted that anoyone knows of?

Kindred

yes... it's the nature of the beast...   without modification, SMF will use whatever background colour it is told to...  either the one from the smf template (white) or the one from the joomla template (black), but it is doing exactly what it is supposed to.

To fix this, you would have to modify the SMF to include the entire board in a div tag set that makes it white, without using the body-background tag.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cvondra

Thanks for the info Kindred.  Do you know of an example or tutorial on how to accomplish this?  I appologize as I'm not a coder by nature.  I'm just a lowly hardware dood.

Chad

Kindred

no, I don't think there are any examples of this...    I'd suggest trying a <div class="forum_back"> just after the <body> tag in index.template.php and a </div> just before the </body> tag.
Then, in either style.css or joomla's css file, add a css entry for .forum_back { background-color: #FFFFFF; }
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: