News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Smileys and Avatars not showing for some

Started by CrystalTears, July 07, 2006, 07:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrystalTears

I had some people telling me that they don't always see the avatars and smileys. They can see ones that are uploaded or hotlinked from elsewhere, but those that are hosted by the forums show a red x.

After looking into some more, one of the members noticed that when he clicked on the pic to view the image individually, the link shows as follows:

http://10.10.10.10//avatars/Actors/Bruce_Willis.jpg

He noticed that if he takes one of the slashes out in front of avatars/smileys, he can view the image.

Is there someplace that this can be altered to remove that extra slash?

unrelenting

That should be in your admin area under Attachments and Avatars. Click on Avatars there and make sure the Avatars Path and the Avatars Directory are correct.

If that doesn't fix it then you most likely have an error in your code. Look at your Error Logs in the admin area and see if they show any errors in your Display.template.php, for starters.

CrystalTears

I checked in the admin section and didn't see any extra slashes. I also haven't been seeing any forum errors come up for this at all.

The thing is that it's not affecting everyone. I can see the smileys and avatars just fine, like the majority of the members. It's just a few people here and there where the second slash affects their ability to see them. I guess it's not really major, but enough to bug me and want to find a resolution.

Advertisement: