• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 01, 2021, 12:54:57 AM

News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.


Smilies are alive !

Started by Webby, April 21, 2004, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenwvs

I am new to this forum concept and have just downloaded the Santa Smilies, but I am not sure how to make them work.  I have added the santa's to my smilies directory on the server, but I can't get the images to appear in the post location, or under the more section.  I thought I would be able to have them all ready to go, and put them in hidden until I want them to be used, closer to Christmas.

I am also wondering if it is possible to have the moving smilies show up on the post form area, and the standard smilies that come with smf in the more area, giving the users a choice. 

Any help on how I am suppose to install these to make it work is greatly appreciated.  I have tried using the smilies section in the admin to add smilies, edit, etc, but it says the santa smilies are not found in the default or classic themes.

Ken

a2h_

Quote from: kenwvs on October 21, 2006, 05:48:11 PM
I am new to this forum concept and have just downloaded the Santa Smilies, but I am not sure how to make them work.  I have added the santa's to my smilies directory on the server, but I can't get the images to appear in the post location, or under the more section.  I thought I would be able to have them all ready to go, and put them in hidden until I want them to be used, closer to Christmas.

Enable custom smileys, upload the smileys to a folder inside /[forumroot]/Smileys and add it via smiley sets

Quote from: kenwvs on October 21, 2006, 05:48:11 PM
I am also wondering if it is possible to have the moving smilies show up on the post form area, and the standard smilies that come with smf in the more area, giving the users a choice. 
Copy the smf smileys, prefix _ in front of them and place them inside the moving smileys folder, then (ensuring custom smileys is enabled) go to the alive smileys and where it says "[blah] smileys are not added. add now?" or something like that add them.

Quote from: kenwvs on October 21, 2006, 05:48:11 PM
Any help on how I am suppose to install these to make it work is greatly appreciated.  I have tried using the smilies section in the admin to add smilies, edit, etc, but it says the santa smilies are not found in the default or classic themes.

Ken
With an underscore. Because the one without an underscore's taken.

-κааи-

October 28, 2006, 02:01:16 AM #202 Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:21:16 AM by -κааи-
they are very fantastic...

Thanks and please more  ;)

herace


Gwion


Crush

Love these Smiley's!
Thank you so much! I will add these to my forum!




ksshane

Thanks.  These work, and look great.  On my board now. ;D

dmacdonald111

February 01, 2007, 04:36:50 PM #207 Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:20:23 AM by dmacdonald111
I've just set up a forum and used your animated icons. After looking through I even managed to sort out the embarrassed one (I had to add an extra 'r' to the filename) but all is working great! They look so professional! Good work  ;D

Add: You are probably really busy to create more smilies, but I was wondering if you could make a 'sighing' smiley and also a 'runs a mile' type smiley. Thanks

Webby

If you give me the examples, I could try to make them........

dmacdonald111

Quote from: cubby61 on July 06, 2005, 07:53:23 AM
I imported them using the Smiley Manager in conjunction with FTP.  There are 37 Smilies in the folder but only 16 show up.  Even the Default folder has 22 Smilies in it and only 16 show up.  Some, like the Afro.gif don't show up but from what I read you can access them if you know the code. That would be the second question, how can you tell what needs to be typed to show "hidden" Smilies.

I have this same problem. I can't see anyway to display all of the smilies in the set :(

klumy

Quote from: klumy on February 04, 2006, 03:42:19 AM
once again, is there no chance to add this smilies set to the default SMF distribution?

are there any news about it?

andutzel


deedee

I Have these smilies that you might like!


I use some of them :)

Enjoy

afew smilies for your pleasure [nofollow]

Technics


joe123

Thanks for the animated smileys - they make all the difference in the world when posting.

Best,
Joe

fre3men

Hi, for me is the best collection that I saw. I made one for this collection (is my first smiley): is ¡Que Asco! in spanish. I have others that I want transform in this format, but are more difficult for me, although I will try.

The file name is yucky.gif

Ah! My english is poor  :P

Best regards

fre3men

Here other smiley that I transformed for this collection:

Mother Goose

Smilies are a crucial part of our forum. I have collected them from all over the place. We have an issue however... we need more room!! Does anyone know if it is possible to a second pop up window for smilies? 

Here's a few of my fav... or.. you could go pop in my site and open an post window.

   

Acf

Quote from: Aliencowfarm on October 05, 2007, 06:58:26 AM
It looks like the embarrased smiley has a typo... embarased most be embarrased otherwise it will not be detected as a standard smiley.

Webby could you fix that? ;)
Sigh...

committed2u

this is the best smiley! this is what i'm looking for!

Advertisement: