News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

RSS Feeds

Started by CommonCents, July 10, 2006, 12:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CommonCents

I know this is a VERY basic question and i'm embarassed to ask it but how do i get RSS feeds on my site?  I need 3rd grade instructions lol.

where do i activate it? i assume its in Cpanel but i dont know where to find it or how to use it when i activate it. can anyone helpe me?

Elmacik

Go to your SMF administration panel. On the left menu, you will see "News and newsletters" link.
Click it. Then click onto "Settings" tab. Now you can check "Enable XML/RSS News" there and save the settings.
You can now reach your RSS feeds from this URL; /index.php?action=.xml;type=rss (rss2 also is another type)
If you search for RSS in this site, you will find lots of stuff.
Home of Elmacik

CommonCents

Quote from: Elmacik on July 10, 2006, 11:54:09 AM
Go to your SMF administration panel. On the left menu, you will see "News and newsletters" link.
Click it. Then click onto "Settings" tab. Now you can check "Enable XML/RSS News" there and save the settings.
You can now reach your RSS feeds from this URL; /index.php?action=.xml;type=rss (rss2 also is another type)
If you search for RSS in this site, you will find lots of stuff.

i mean i'm trying to do it on my homepage. not on my forum. would it be better to do it from the forum?

BTW. when i say news that i'd like to out on my site, i mean music, poetry, literature, etc etc. not forum news

Edit, i found out how to do it(activate RSS) but i'm not understanding my next step and what i'm suppose to do

Advertisement: