News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fatal Error

Started by Sting, July 10, 2006, 01:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting

Ok, I am running portions of the smf database through my web site using SSI and while my site was working fine yesterday, today when I went to check it I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ssi_shutdown() (previously declared in /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php:150) in /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php on line 152

I have not installed anything within the past couple of weeks and this is effecting every page I am using SSI.

I am running 1.0.7

website is sscont.x10hosting.com/xf

Also, I am running this version on another forum and doing similar things with SSI and having no problems whatsoever...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Sting on July 10, 2006, 01:29:25 PM
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ssi_shutdown() (previously declared in /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php:150) in /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php on line 152

I'm not sure but look in your SSI.php file to make sure you don't have ssi_shutdown() in there twice. If you do have it twice, remove one and re-upload your file.
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Sting

Nope, it's only in there once, but when I remove it (for test purposes) it brings up this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ssi_welcome() (previously declared in /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php:150) in /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php on line 164

It's almost like it's having an error with every SSI script I call on my site. Althought I don't call the shutdown script.

PrizeLive.com

Dang.. well I tried..

I wish I knew more about PHP.. Hopefully someone can help you soon..
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Sting

Ya, thnx for trying.

I also just copied the SSI from the working one and pasted it over the top of the one that's having problems and I get the same error. Could this be a database problem? but in that case wouldn't the forum itself be having problems?

Sting

Interesting... I remove

<?php require("/home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php"); ?>

and most of the page shows up (including SSI tages) but I still get the error as posted before in the area of the footer.

Sting

Ok, another update on what's going on...

I removed <?php require("/home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php"); ?> from my who's online section of the site and it seems to have fixed the problem.

When I add it back to the index.php it throws up the error again... so obviously there's a conflict with the <?php require("/home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/SSI.php"); ?> and ssi_logOnline();

ne idea why it worked so long before doing this and why it still works correctly on other site?

Advertisement: