News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Board Sort

Started by codenaught, July 10, 2006, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on November 15, 2012, 07:26:43 PM
I'm getting everything passed except:

3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php   Test successful
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php   Test failed

Could be something wrong my theme, i'm not exactly sure what this means though.

You prob have a MOD for boards that affects that line.

Find
b.board_order, b.count_posts, b.member_groups, b.id_theme, b.override_theme, b.id_profile, b.redirect,

it will prob have some extra after it.  just add this at the end of the line
b.sort_order, b.sort_method,

Make the manual changes then install the MOD.

say170

I've just upgraded to 2.0.6 and now I'm getting:

Field 'sort_order' doesn't have a default value
File: ...\forum\Sources\Subs-Boards.php
Line: 792

I've removed and reinstalled the 1.0.2 mod (in 2.0 emulation mode) and I still get the error (just a different line number with it uninstalled).  Any ideas anyone please.

That section of code has:

$smcFunc['db_insert']('',
'{db_prefix}boards',
array(
'id_cat' => 'int', 'name' => 'string-255', 'description' => 'string', 'board_order' => 'int',
'member_groups' => 'string', 'redirect' => 'string',
),
array(
$boardOptions['target_category'], $boardOptions['board_name'] , '', 0,
'-1,0', '',
),
array('id_board')
);

say170

margarett

Right now, is the MOD uninstalled?

"sort_order" is NOT a column of smf_boards in a default SMF installation. So it has to be a "leftover" from the MOD, if you really uninstalled it.

So, you should *BACKUP*, then head to phpmyadmin -> table "smf_boards" -> tab "Structure" -> mark the column "sort_order" and, at the bottom of the list, With selected: Drop
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

say170

Great, dropping the column manually fixed the problem.  Yes, it was uninstalled (according to the package manager anyway)

Thanks.

SirAlahn

When I emulate 2.0, my board tells me that this mod will install without any errors.

However, when I attempt to install I'm given this error.

Notice: Undefined index: db_insert in /home/south176/public_html/Sources/Errors.php on line 139

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/south176/public_html/Sources/Errors.php on line 139

I'm... not entirely sure how to proceed from here. To any who may respond with advice, thank you in advance.

青山 素子

What version of SMF are you using?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

SirAlahn

I'm using 2.0.6. Reluctant to update to 2.0.7 since I just got all of my other mods to work.

margarett

You don't *need* to update to 2.0.7 as it isn't a security release, and if you're not running PHP 5.5.

But IF 2.0.8 comes out, then you would need to go through 2.0.7 to reach 2.0.8. Then you will have problems again...
Therefore, I advise you to backup your current forum and try the patch update. If it doesn't fail, all is good. If you get "Test errors", DON'T continue and allow us to help you figure it out.
In another topic, not in this one :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SirAlahn

I successfully updated my board to 2.0.7.

However, I'm still receiving the same error when I try to install this mod while emulating 2.0.

margarett

I have no idea what can cause that... I just installed it in my test board without issues...

Line 139 of Errors.php is this:

Can you compare to yours?

SirAlahn

Well, now I am well and truly baffled. My Errors.php line 139 looks just exactly the same as the one you posted.

I copied that entire chunk of code in case there was something else there that's out of order.

// Don't log the same error countless times, as we can get in a cycle of depression...
$error_info = array($user_info['id'], time(), $user_info['ip'], $query_string, $error_message, (string) $sc, $error_type, $file, $line);
if (empty($last_error) || $last_error != $error_info)
{
// Insert the error into the database.
'{db_prefix}log_errors',
array('id_member' => 'int', 'log_time' => 'int', 'ip' => 'string-16', 'url' => 'string-65534', 'message' => 'string-65534', 'session' => 'string', 'error_type' => 'string', 'file' => 'string-255', 'line' => 'int'),
$error_info,
array('id_error')
);
$last_error = $error_info;
}

binaymana

I need this mod badly but it does not work with my smf version.

Beowulf1976

I am running with 2.0.14 when I try to install it says the package doesn't work with my version, will you ever update to work with 2.0.14 or not?
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

tanawat

for prevent spam board by reply (for on top)

could you tell me variable of "last edit" ?

if i try modified mod by add "last edit". Will it be possible?

please.

br360

This mod doesn't give you the ability to sort by last edit if that's what you are asking. If you are trying to prevent spammers, take a look at this- https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

Portugal

Hi,

Is possibile to have this mod working good on 2.0.1.7 version? That´s very important mod to organize better the forums.

Thanks in advance
Portugal

Advertisement: