News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

hello...can someone help me with the settings.php page?

Started by drew68, July 10, 2006, 10:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drew68

i was recently being hosted by godaddy and this site hxxp:www.pdrforum.com [nonactive] was working until i transferred all the files over to bluehosts remote server.

now the page says...

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

so i've got the database and all the user information correct in the Settings.php except for this one part....

$boarddir = '/home/cayennet/public_html/pdrforum';      # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = '/home/cayennet/public_html/pdrforum/Sources';      # Path to the Sources directory.

i'm not a programmer so you'll have to excuse me for sounding like a newb :)

can someone please help me with this absolute path, if it's correct and if there's anything else on the Settings.php page that i need to update?

unrelenting

Have you tried running the repair_settings.php file? It usually reads the server and guesses the correct settings for you.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters

drew68

Quote from: unrelenting on July 10, 2006, 10:49:30 PM
Have you tried running the repair_settings.php file? It usually reads the server and guesses the correct settings for you.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters

hey unrelenting...thanks...i'll look into that page!

drew68

holy cow...i just read that and got chair sick.

looked like chicken scratch to some degree :(

i opened that repair_settings.php file and what do i do? i read it...but do i upload it to the server and let it just fix things by itself?

drew68

i figured it out...paths are correct...the database in the new server is empty...need to grab the .sql files from the old host and export them over :)

thanks for eveyrones help! :)

sometimes writing it down brings clarity!

Advertisement: