News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Started by BCCZeus, April 22, 2004, 12:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCCZeus

I am having trouble getting avatars and attachments to upload and work properly.  I've searched and read other posts, but I still can't get them to work.  I have the permissions set to 777 on my smf/attachments directory, and have also set the permissions of smf/avatars to 777.

When I try to upload an attachment, I get the error "Cannot access attachments upload path!"
When I try to upload an avatar, I get the error "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

Please help!  I love SMF, but can't figure out what's up with this. . .

Thanks in advance.

[Unknown]

Are you sure your attachments path is set correctly in your settings?

-[Unknown]

BCCZeus

Hey thanks.  I'd overlooked that line of code.  I had upgraded from YaBBSE, and never thought to change that.  I never even set up YaBB, but SMF is so easy to use that I can even do it!!  That fixed it and now it works like a charm.

Thanks Unknown, keep up the good work!

pulpitfire

for some reason, i'm unable to upload attachments.  initially, i couldn't open my attachment manager, because it said it couldn't access the attachments directory.  i changed it from /rng7/forum/attachments (what it was set at after SMF installation, and as much of a full path as I've been able to get from Yahoo webhosting) to /forum/attachments, and now the attachments manager works.  however, when i try to upload a file, it just goes back to the message, as if you edited the post, but doesn't upload or display the picture, or generate any error messages.  i asked Yahoo what the full path was, and they said it is just "/".

Any tips?

[Unknown]

Does anything show up in the attachments directory?  Do uploaded attachments work, at all?

-[Unknown]

pulpitfire

nothing shows up in the attachments directory, or in the data-base.

[Unknown]

It just goes back to the message?  Nothin in the error log?

Can I have an administrator account on your forum (temporarily)?

-[Unknown]

pulpitfire

yes, goes back to message, and nothing in the error logs. ok, you're set up as an admin.  you should be getting an e-mail at the simplemachines address.  thanks.

[Unknown]

Very strange.  It's just ignoring the attachment totally.  I know it's getting it, but... that's really quite strange.

I may have to ask for FTP access so I can try some test scripts... see what in the world is going on.

-[Unknown]

pulpitfire

thanks...the ftp info is in your message box.

[Unknown]

Fixed...

[php_errormsg] => File upload error - unable to create a temporary file

It was a problem with your host.  You should tell them that they either need to change the default upload_tmp_dir or automatically create a tmp directory for everyone.  I solved your issue by creating such a directory, and now file uploads work just fine.

-[Unknown]

pulpitfire

woo! \o/.  sweet.  thanks unknown!

Zabe

i have a problem like that.When i try to post a message im getting an error(Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0).And im using a freehost can u help me too?

Zabe

and i have another problem errors.php on line 369 please help me!!!!

Advertisement: