News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RenameTopic

Started by JayBachatero, July 12, 2006, 12:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RODEOSOLSTICE

great mod :thumbs:

working great on 1.1.1

thanks!!!

I did mistakenly use the first version by accident, so I point out here that RenameTopic_1-0-2.tar.gz is the most recent version - for newbies like me :D

Matthew Schenker

I really like the idea of this mod, as I have had to manually rename topics a few times!

Does it work with 1.1.2?

littleone

Yes it works with 1.1.2.  I installed it this morning after i upgraded and its works fine.

Matthew Schenker

I installed it on my 1.1.2 test forum and it works great.  Nice modification.
Thanks!

rwsniadach

Hi!
Have downloaded the 1.0.2 version and attempted to use this Package Parser to install it. I get several errors when attempting it. Maybe the Rename Topic mod is not compatible with the Package Parser?
hxxp:modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nonactive]
Sorry if I'm making some obvious error - I'm a newbie to installing mods.
Am using SMF1.1.1
Will install Rename Topic mod another way if easier to do so. Let me know.
Thanks!
RWS

littleone

Just generally speaking, the mod authors write their mods to work with the SMF package install.  Its unlikely that any of them test their mods on that parser, nor do they really support it in that fashion (for a better lack of words).  Your best bet is to just use it with the SMF install, that way you know it works.

JayBachatero

If I'm correct Dan was having a few issues with the Package Parser.  Try installing the mod and see if it works.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

shaiss

thank god you are a genius!!! THANK YOU!!!
-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

softtouch

Would it work on 1.1.4? I really need this to rename a LONG topic...

TrueSatan

It works perfectly on SMF 1.1.4...BTW to make it work with the Package Parser first download the mod to your local machine...unpack the archive...repack the files in the archive (not any overall directory) into a .zip archive...the Package Parser chokes on .tar.gz archives so by making the mod into a .zip archive instead you will be able to use it.

farhaddad

Quote from: ProtoMan.EXE on December 17, 2006, 02:53:10 AM
When my members tried to rename their topics, it said :

QuoteSorry, you're not allowed to rename just any topic.

But I am sure I gave them the permissions to rename their topics. What should I do now ? Should I look for some codes and change it ? Thank you.

Dear JayBachatero,

I'm having the same [quoted] problem here. I read the mod code several times and couldn't find where it went wrong

Would you please look in to this issue again!

I'm using SMF 1.1.4 with Classic Theme and the only altered code is in display template:

// Rename Topic
if (allowedTo('rename_topic_any') || ($context['user']['started'] && allowedTo('rename_topic_own')))
$moderationButtons[] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=renameTopic;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '">' . $txt['rename_topic'] . '</a>';

Note: The mod works well if I set the permission to "rename any"

Thanks

TrueSatan

Does the mod work properly for you if you use the SMF default theme? Always check with that first to see that it is properly installed and working as it should before trying it in any custom theme.

You should also edit the language directory files (if they exist) in your custom theme as per the mod installation in the default theme (Modifications.english.php, ManagePermissions.english.php and Errors.english.php.)

farhaddad

Yes sure I'm having the same problem with the default theme and I'm using the default language directory.

Thank you for replying.  :)

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 21, 2008, 09:28:13 PM
Does the mod work properly for you if you use the SMF default theme? Always check with that first to see that it is properly installed and working as it should before trying it in any custom theme.

You should also edit the language directory files (if they exist) in your custom theme as per the mod installation in the default theme (Modifications.english.php, ManagePermissions.english.php and Errors.english.php.)

TrueSatan

Before I start digging into this would you please see reply #56 and let me know if doing as the member concerned did solves your problem?

farhaddad

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 23, 2008, 06:24:37 PM
Before I start digging into this would you please see reply #56 and let me know if doing as the member concerned did solves your problem?

I think reply #56 was about the mod not working at all for that group when using local board permissions

I'm not using local board permissions but I tried that and used local board permissions for one of the boards and gave regular members group the permission to rename "own" topics only and I still get the same error message.

I tried that on a clean SMF installation... so yes please start digging into this...

Many thanks

TrueSatan

If you look at the first post in this topic you'll see that the mod author had a problem with the permissions logic of the mod and attempted to fix it with a subsequent version...looking at it now the fix hasn't had its desired effect so I'll attempt to debug the problem and to see if I can come up with a better fix.

TrueSatan

It's not a final version (needs cleaning up) but would you please test this for me? It works on my test site but, obviously, it hasn't had extensive testing.

Rename your existing RenameTopic.php in your Sources directory to RenameTopic.phpold and upload the attached file.

farhaddad

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 24, 2008, 09:51:01 AM
It's not a final version (needs cleaning up) but would you please test this for me? It works on my test site but, obviously, it hasn't had extensive testing.

Rename your existing RenameTopic.php in your Sources directory to RenameTopic.phpold and upload the attached file.

Worked for me as well  :) I tested it on the default groups and also on a new created group.
Thank you for sacrificing your time to fix this... I really appreciate it

TrueSatan

Thank you for your kind words and for posting back so I know the problem is solved.

gavin

Thanks for this fix TrueSatan, it works for me too.

Advertisement: