SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamjanco

Found a layout bug in Links2.template.php, as observed in latest versions of Chrome and Firefox on Win 7 64-bit. An extra closing div tag closes the content_section div before the footer section has a chance to load, when viewing the "links" page:

Line 237 of the file reads:         echo '<div align="center" class="windowbg2">' . $txt['smflinks_thereare'] . '<strong>' . $cat_count . '</strong>' . $txt['smflinks_catand'] . '<strong>' . $link_count . '</strong>' . $txt['smflinks_linkssystem'] . '<><>';

Removing that extra closing div tag fixes the issue:

echo '<div align="center" class="windowbg2">' . $txt['smflinks_thereare'] . '<strong>' . $cat_count . '</strong>' . $txt['smflinks_catand'] . '<strong>' . $link_count . '</strong>' . $txt['smflinks_linkssystem'] . '<>';

Edited (added): the bb editor here (uh, or the filtering functionality associated with using it here) is stripping code out the "code" formatted text. Look for the empty angle brackets to the right of each section, and you'll see what I'm trying to point out.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

iamjanco

You're welcome. Btw, looks like there's also an issue with the display of the bg image in the footer on the left side (see the links page at my site); my change may or may not have caused that. In any event, if I get time today I'll have a look at the code and post any additional updates I come up with.

AllanD

Just installed and working great. I keep getting an error in the logs though.

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://cxxx.com/index.php?action=links;sa=addlinkApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined variable: catidApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/xxx/public_html/Sources/Links2.php
Line: 612

Any help would be great.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

AllanD

Still getting this error message one someone makes post in the links - also how would I be able to change some the colors of the catbg without changing them on whole forum?
KnD Hosting

Kindred

you can't change the colors without affecting the whole forum  --   that's the entire point of the theme designs --- your sub-pages inherit all of the colors and effect of the forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

AllanD

I thought this was the case, never hurts to ask though.
Thank you for the reply.
KnD Hosting

vbgamer45

Quote from: AllanD on September 29, 2013, 03:16:57 PM
Just installed and working great. I keep getting an error in the logs though.

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://cxxx.com/index.php?action=links;sa=addlinkApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined variable: catidApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/xxx/public_html/Sources/Links2.php
Line: 612

Any help would be great.

!Fixed undefined error in SMF 2.0 on certain cases of add link
!Added alt tags for images on subcategory display
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AllanD

KnD Hosting

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Apllicmz

Any News about Portuguese files is done
send me when you  need it
Thank you

rexall9000

Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:36 am

Hi tried to look for this, but there are 54 (!!!) pages of comments.

Any chance of a version that allows for paid links?  Or anyway to customize this w/out too much blood, sweat and tears?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

If you are php code you can do it otherwise I could do it but would be a paid job probably $150

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rexall9000

Thanks, vbgamer45!  $150 bucks isn't in the budget at the moment, but maybe down the road.  I was thinking of selling plain links for $1.  It would take 150 sales to recoup your fee!    :o

roshaoar

Would anyone know whether or not this passes pagerank? The links are all something like baseURL/?id=XXX so presumably they all point inside the site and prevent direct links to anything bad?

Thank you

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

roshaoar

Elysia

Hello, I have a problem and am hoping for some advice please.

I've been using SMF Links for ages on my forum which was running on SMF 1.1.21 and it's worked perfectly. I have now moved hosting companies and migrated #the whole site across to the new server, but although SMF Links has a button on the menu bar and opens the Links screen, when I click on any action to set up a category or add a link, or do anything other than visit the main Links screen it gives me Forbidden message. Thinking it may be work better under SMF 2.0.10 I upgraded the forum via Softaculous but I am still getting the Forbidden message. In despair after trying everything I could think of, I removed SMF Links from the forum.

After more thinking about this I decded to have another try at making it work, and as I then suspected it may have been something left over from the v.1 installation that was causing the problem, I created a whole new SMF 2.0.10  forum on a spare domain on a different account on the new server, installed SMF Links 3.0.4 into SMF 2.0.10 and nothing else but am still getting the Forbidden message.   Here is the test on the spare domain forum: http://www.rhygnaron.org.uk/forum/index.php?action=links

I do not have an htaccess file in the webroot or in the forum subfolder, there is one in each of the SMF  Packages, backups and attachments folders which is a simple
<Files *>
   Order Deny,Allow
   Deny from all
   Allow from localhost
</Files>
and one in the cache folder which has the first two lines, but not the third line.

The old server ran PHP4.4.1, the new one runs PHP5.4.40.
Permissions on both servers are files 644, folders 755. 
Old server was a 2005 installation of FreeBSD 7.4-PRERELEASE #0: Fri i386,
new server is 2015 installation of Linux  2.6.32-531.29.2.lve1.3.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP

I have tried accessing the Links on three browsers on my PC on one ISP and via Chrome on my tablet on another ISP and I get the same result on them all, so it does not appear to be a cache or cookie issue (unless I am missing something.)

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be please and how it may be fixed? Is it server-side (clearly there is something different in the way they work!) and if so what?

I can add links to the php info files on each server or copy/paste output to a post here if needed - the new server one runs to 20 pages printed A4 though! (Yes, I printed off both and went through them side by side to highlight every difference... and am still stuck!)

I hope I've given you all the info you may need to throw some light on this but if not please ask and I'll add more.

Thanks in hope! :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Also....   You should never, ever, ever use those auto installers like softaculous...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: