News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

Yeah. You'll have to add the group and set the permissions, manually.

Unless you set them, under "Admin/Permission/Permissions by Membergroup" to "Set permissions like this group:" and just modify the links bit, to suit.

TrueSatan

You could use a new group that was entered according to number of posts made and thus was automatic...the members you want to have links permission might well be those who post a lot anyhow.

eeg

Thx for the responses...
ok, i created a group called 'user submission', added it to a user under their additional membergroups in their profile and then set the privileges on that to be able to view only and then in the permissions under links set that group to have extended rights to a specific category.  Nothing, it didn't work i was able to only view.  It seems to only use the permissions from the group that i set on for 'user submission'.  I tried to also give it both view and add links to the 'user submission' group and then in the permissions in links set the categories to be denied for the 'user submission' group and all the categories had add link showing....  It doesn't seem to recognize the links permissions settings at all.

The creation of a group and setting it to be on posts does not work as it doesn't populate the drop down box for the permissions selection.  :-(

kat

I know I'm being dense, here, but I can't, really, tell what you're trying to do.

eeg

No not at all, probably me... :-)

Basically i am setting up multiple categories say: 1-Web Sites, 2- Downloads, 3-Agents.  I want all the users to read only category's 1 and 2 but i want the users to be able to add their own links to category 3(a user submission area). 

I assign the regular members group to be able to view and rate the links on all three, i am then setting up a separate group called 'user submission' giving it no link permissions and adding a member to the 'user submission' group.  I then go into the Links admin area and go to category permissions and go to category '3-Agents' and assign the user submission group to be able to view, add, delete, etc. within that specific category.  When the user logons and goes into links tab they see the categories and can only view all 3 categories but nothing shows up in the categories to allow them to add links(like it does on the bottom when you give the right) 

If i then go into the 'user submissions' group and give it add links rights it shows up for the user under all the categories.  I have tried to deny the permission for the category for that user group as well and that does nothing.

I hope i explained this well enough... this issue is frustrating...

:-)  Thx for the help..

stormiecub

I hope somebody can help me...

When I installed the links mod, instead of seeing links configuration in the acp, which I know is supposed to be there, there's a gap. The links also do not appear anywhere on the site unless you know where to find them. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the mod itself?

vbgamer45

Copy the text strings from themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php  to all modifications.*.php files. if you have other themes that contain modifications.english.php file you will need to copy to their language folders as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

stormiecub

Is there a quick and easy way of doing that? Or do I have to go through each of them one by one?

vbgamer45

You will need to go though each one by one.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

stormiecub

Okay.... I was halfway through when I decided to ask.... No luck at all. It's not just this mod. It's... Well, most of them. Or all of them, I can't quite tell yet. Any other suggestions?

vbgamer45

That's either cause you are using a custom theme that has modifications.english.php in their language folder or you are using a language other than english.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

eeg

Quote from: eeg on April 04, 2007, 04:46:27 PM

Basically i am setting up multiple categories say: 1-Web Sites, 2- Downloads, 3-Agents.  I want all the users to read only category's 1 and 2 but i want the users to be able to add their own links to category 3(a user submission area). 

I assign the regular members group to be able to view and rate the links on all three, i am then setting up a separate group called 'user submission' giving it no link permissions and adding a member to the 'user submission' group.  I then go into the Links admin area and go to category permissions and go to category '3-Agents' and assign the user submission group to be able to view, add, delete, etc. within that specific category.  When the user logons and goes into links tab they see the categories and can only view all 3 categories but nothing shows up in the categories to allow them to add links(like it does on the bottom when you give the right) 

If i then go into the 'user submissions' group and give it add links rights it shows up for the user under all the categories.  I have tried to deny the permission for the category for that user group as well and that does nothing.

Bump, VBGamer can you offer up any ideas?

Thx

Roger Rabbit

Well...i hereby reiterate my suggestion to include it in ssi.php in order to show the latest submitted links at the main page....

eeg

Quote from: eeg on April 09, 2007, 12:42:32 AM
Quote from: eeg on April 04, 2007, 04:46:27 PM

Bump, VBGamer can you offer up any ideas?

Thx

Hi VBGamer, I am not sure you had a chance to read this but this issue is really problematic.  Could you take some time and help me?  :-)

Thx

vbgamer45

That should work I really don't have enough time to look into it maybe someone else will help.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cekcok

hello,

i already install smf link but the link menu not show in admin page nor in member/guest page (please see the attatch image,why?please help!

Thank you

cekcok

kat

Does the index.template for the SMF defaul theme have these line of code in?

// the [links] button
if ($context['allow_view_smflinks'])
echo ($current_action == 'links' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'links' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=links">' , $txt['smflinks_menu']  , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'links' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

cekcok

kat

OK. At ABOUT line 500 of the same template, is there a line that looks like this?

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('links','staff','search', 'arcade', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

It won't have the "staff" bit, nor the "Arcade" bit, unless you have those packages. It SHOULD, I believe, have the "link" bit, though.

Advertisement: