News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khoking

I found the "Total Links" count does not take into account the sub-categories inside, making the upper categories showing 0 total links, which discourage people from visiting.

Possible to count the total links even in the sub-categories?
Kho King
www.ShaShinKi.com
www.PentaxWorld.com

vbgamer45

There should be a setting for that I believe.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

khoking

I searched but can't find that still...

By the way, may I suggest having latest links (configurable number new links to be shown) shown on the links page below the categories?
Kho King
www.ShaShinKi.com
www.PentaxWorld.com

Jadzia

Installing this mod on SMF 1.1.2 I get the following error

Database Error
Incorrect table name ''
File: /home/*****/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/linksql.php
Line: 13

I removed it after this but now my error logs are showing errors for all users in calling up this mod. I would really like to use it so if anyone has a fix or the mysgl query for me to insert direct into the database I would appreciate it

Thanks

kat

I would suggest that there's an error in your database, rather than there being a problem with SMF.

Jadzia

Any suggestions on how to fix it?  Thanks  :)

kat

Now you're asking something.

From your cpanel (The one your host gave you) go to "MySQL® Databases" and you have the option to repair it, there. I'd back it up, first, though. Just in case.

It may not even be that, though. Without looking over your shoulder, to see what's going on, it's tricky, you know?

Just a thought... Have you tried going to your forum's admin panel and from "Forum maintenance" tried to repair any errors?

Jadzia

Great thanks I'll give all that a go - I actually just cheated and installed SMF via fantastico to a new folder and installed links on that then exported the database tables into the original database, removed the corresponding create tables out of linksql.php and rezipped and installed the package so now all is working well.

Will still repair the database etc anyway but at least I have the mod working.

;D

kat

I so like a happy ending.

Don't forget to backup the db, first. You never know...

AussieBill

Linktree and subcategories

Mind if I bring up something that was asked about awhile ago but not answered?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=98911.msg997857#msg997857

The linktree does not show the parent category of a subcategory when you are in the subcategory. It shows Links>>subcategory instead of Links>>category>>subcategory. Just makes it a bit awkward; you have to go back to the main Links page to get to the parent category.

vbgamer45

That is a known issue not sure of a good way to fix that without using more queries.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AussieBill

No worries - I'll just avoid using subcategories (simpler anyway) :P

Fantastic mod BTW ;D

katoona

I see that a few people have asked if it is possible for the links to be listed alphabetically - is there a way of doing this?

vbgamer45

yes you would need to alter the Links.template.php mysql query to sort the links alphabetically

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nyx

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 16, 2007, 09:32:45 PM
yes you would need to alter the Links.template.php mysql query to sort the links alphabetically

how please? :S

chep

I used this below. Not sure it is the best way to do it.

//Show the links in that category
$dbresult = db_query("SELECT l.ID_LINK,l.title,l.date, l.pagerank, l.alexa, l.rating, m.realName, l.ID_MEMBER, l.description,l.hits FROM {$db_prefix}links AS l LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}members AS m  ON (l.ID_MEMBER = m.ID_MEMBER) WHERE l.ID_CAT = $cat  AND l.approved = 1 ORDER BY l.title ASC LIMIT $curpage," . $modSettings['smflinks_setlinksperpage'], __FILE__, __LINE__);

khvitaliy

I had to install manually SMF Links, I have an access to smf links from control panel, but it's nowhere to be seen on the homepage. www.developprofit.com/money_forum

Please help,
Thanks

khoking

khvitaliy,

You need to manually create a link on the header to SMFLinks.

see mine at:

www.pentaxworld.com
Kho King
www.ShaShinKi.com
www.PentaxWorld.com

cobro

im having some problem with links mod i cant see it in Configuration what is the problem with that ?'? do i have to edit template o something ?

kat

If you click on the links button, you can configure a load of stuff, there.

Advertisement: