News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Maybe we will see very busy.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bec

Hi Everyone,

Love the mod :) I would like to change the header "Links" to another name and add a description underneath... I have tried modifying the files with my own header but my error log was filling up... what files do i need to edit and what do I need to edit to change the header and add a few lines underneath?

Cheers!

vbgamer45

Released SMF Links for 1.7
Dropped support for SMF 1.0.x
Optimized mod for SMF 1.1.x
Updated the layout in many places.
New paging function uses SMF's paging system
Add BBC editor for link description
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ross85

Hi,
Great mod! I have a question for upgrading. It says to uninstall the old version first, but will this delete my links? Should I install the new version and then uninstall the old one?

Also, two things I noticed in the last version and wanted to know if they were changed in 1.7.

1)The last version would let the people making the description keep writing, but then when they send it for approval it will cut off some of what they wrote if it is too long.

2) The last version wouldn't count the links of two child categories. I have: flight schools-> United States-> Massachusetts(or whatever state). The flight school will say it has 0 links.

Thank,
Ross

vbgamer45

You can uninstall the modification. It does not remove any of the links data when you uninstall.

1. Will have to look into.

2. Currently this is how sub counting of totals works. It will count for the total level category and a sub category under it but not a sub sub category.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

http://custom.simplemachines.org//index.php?mod=381

That takes me to the main mods page... any bug in SMF right now ? or something wrong with the link ?

vbgamer45

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on September 24, 2008, 07:50:26 PM
http://custom.simplemachines.org//index.php?mod=381

That takes me to the main mods page... any bug in SMF right now ? or something wrong with the link ?
Reported the bug.

Use this link
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=381

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

ross85

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 24, 2008, 07:47:51 PM
You can uninstall the modification. It does not remove any of the links data when you uninstall.

1. Will have to look into.

2. Currently this is how sub counting of totals works. It will count for the total level category and a sub category under it but not a sub sub category.

Thanks!

alex30

Guys but don't you think that you'll loose users, once they'll post another forum link? How does it help us at all?

vbgamer45

The point is the mod is to offer links that might be helpful for others. Like other sites you like or of interest or if you have affiliates.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ross85

Quote from: alex30 on September 25, 2008, 09:27:34 AM
Guys but don't you think that you'll loose users, once they'll post another forum link? How does it help us at all?

It has been working great for me. I have people signing up daily to post their business website. My forum is about helicopters and there are a lot of private schools and businesses that want to get their name out there. 

Basie

Does the latest version have the option for ordering links alphabetically (instead of by date added)?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Abavagada

I have installed the newest version (1.7), and it works great, with one slight problem. When I go to delete a link normally or from the approval list, it deletes the link but gives me the error "Unable to load 'main' template". for "index.php?=action=links&sa=deletelink2".

Has anyone else had this problem, or know where I might look for the error? It gives me no line numbers or file names in which this is occurring.

Thanks

watchhorse

Quote from: Abavagada on October 07, 2008, 10:56:20 AM
I have installed the newest version (1.7), and it works great, with one slight problem. When I go to delete a link normally or from the approval list, it deletes the link but gives me the error "Unable to load 'main' template". for "index.php?=action=links&sa=deletelink2".

Has anyone else had this problem, or know where I might look for the error? It gives me no line numbers or file names in which this is occurring.

Thanks

same problem :-\
Is there a fix???
Wij zoeken diergerelateerde fora ter overname.
Pb gerust als je geen tijd of zin meer hebt om uw forum te onderhouden.

Hoochie Coochie Man

Hi vbgamer45
Thank you very much for the update!
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

genieuk

Great Mod! not tested it yet but have installed. A good way to share links between websites.

Mathew

genieuk

I am trying to add a link tab button in index.template.php . I am using a custom theme. I had to customize the code for button as it a custom theme, on doing so the link looks like what you see in attached picture.

the code i used was:

// Invite Mod
if (allowedTo('invite'))
echo '
<li>
<a' , $current_action=='invite' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=invite">
  <span class="menu-left"></span>
<span class="menu-mid">' , $txt[invite_title] , '</span>
<span class="menu-right"></span>
</a>
</li>';

I have uploaded my index.template.php i have kept the above code in the file. If you could alter it for me so it works and shows correctly that would be great. I want it as it is, right hand side of the "invite" links button.

Thank you,
Mathew

vbgamer45

Not sure the code looks ok to me.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: