News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BHill

I would like to install this mod on my forum 1.1.6 but when I click apply the mod and then install I have gotten 2 different things...the first one was "Mysql has gone away" the next time I tried I got "webpage cannot be found"
I need the "idiots guide" to installing this mod, I guess.  The is the first mod I have tried to install.  What am I doing wrong?
TIA

genieuk

Quote from: genieuk on October 24, 2008, 09:56:36 AM
I am trying to add a link tab button in index.template.php . I am using a custom theme. I had to customize the code for button as it a custom theme, on doing so the link looks like what you see in attached picture.

the code i used was:

// Invite Mod
if (allowedTo('invite'))
echo '
<li>
<a' , $current_action=='invite' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=invite">
  <span class="menu-left"></span>
<span class="menu-mid">' , $txt[invite_title] , '</span>
<span class="menu-right"></span>
</a>
</li>';

I have uploaded my index.template.php i have kept the above code in the file. If you could alter it for me so it works and shows correctly that would be great. I want it as it is, right hand side of the "invite" links button.

Thank you,
Mathew
Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 24, 2008, 10:03:07 PM
Not sure the code looks ok to me.

Oh,  what can i do then as i got it installed but no link to the links section?

I don't understand how if it ok why it not showing properly and why it is not a link it only shows the text but not linked to the links main page.

Mathew

genieuk

I have asked antechinus who's theme i am using (outline omega) to see if it can only display so many tabs, maybe there is a limit on how many can be displayed or something, i have no idea on why this is happening, just wait a reply now from antechinus to see what he says.

Mathew

genieuk

Vgamer,

I asked antechinus and he said it nothing to do with theme, can you please help as i dont understand why this is happening, all my other buttons are ok.

Thanks Mathew

vbgamer45

I really don't have any idea. I looked at it and it looked the same fine for me.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

genieuk

ok thanks,

sadly i will have to uninstall the mod :(

Mathew

Abavagada

When adding descriptions for links, I have found that

1) It ignores any new lines. All the information entered gets crammed into a single paragraph.

2) It doesn't support UTF-8.

Is there any way to change these things?

Thanks

Abavagada

Quote from: Abavagada on October 28, 2008, 11:21:12 AM

1) It ignores any new lines. All the information entered gets crammed into a single paragraph.

Thanks

Ok. I found if I turn on "allow BBC Code", it lets me add in blank lines and other things. Still no luck on the UTF-8 however.

Abavagada

Quote from: Abavagada on October 28, 2008, 01:02:36 PM
Quote from: Abavagada on October 28, 2008, 11:21:12 AM

Thanks

Ok. I found if I turn on "allow BBC Code", it lets me add in blank lines and other things. Still no luck on the UTF-8 however.

And just found the other solution.. for those interested.

You will need to go into the database (I used PHPMyAdmin) and edited the SMF Links table, changing the description coding to UTF_Unicode_ci.

Thanks again for this great mod.

Basie

BHill

Quote from: BHill on October 24, 2008, 10:41:54 PM
I would like to install this mod on my forum 1.1.6 but when I click apply the mod and then install I have gotten 2 different things...the first one was "Mysql has gone away" the next time I tried I got "webpage cannot be found"
I need the "idiots guide" to installing this mod, I guess.  The is the first mod I have tried to install.  What am I doing wrong?
TIA
I tried again to install this mod after doing quite a bit of reading and checking on settings etc.  This is the error message I got:

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/comingto/public_html/SMFforum/Packages/temp/linksql.php
Line: 20

I would really appreciate some help with this.  Thank you  :)

vbgamer45

That error is not caused by the modification but actually an issue with the database on your website 's server.

If that exact error keeps happening I would contact your host.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BHill

Thank you.  Any tips on what should be looked at on the server so that I can be more specific when I talk to them?

vbgamer45

Just the database server is loosing the connection "MySQL server has gone away" might be overloaded

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

thebigman

I have a notification that there are 4 links awaiting approval but when i go in there are non???

Any help appreciated thanks.
You better be pullin ma plunger ya dobber

vbgamer45

Check under Link Settings. Did the member delete their account?
Also version of the links system are you using?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

genieuk

Hi,

On the links page i changed the text on top to 'Submit your website links - Please Read Here First'

Problem is it very large the text size, can you please tell me which file and where by i need to edit to reduce size on the text?

Thank you,
Mathew

vbgamer45

Gallery.template.php it is the h1 tag

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Hoochie Coochie Man

I updated to new version.

I'm getting this error, on error log..

QuoteGuest       Today 05:45

http://www.sitename.com/forum/index.php?action=links;sa=visit;id=152

'main' Theme is not loading.

I know what is the problem, you change the links page on new version, and I like it, thanks.
But old pages indexed on search engines. When a user or bot fid that page. Then I get abouve error.  :-\
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

genieuk

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 04, 2008, 09:37:52 PM
Gallery.template.php it is the h1 tag

mmmm, I cannot find it or know what to find. Could you possibly give me code to find so i can go to it  ???

Thank you,
Mathew

PS: maybe text could be reduced in other versions if they are released as it is rather large specially for small resolution users.

Advertisement: