News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HR

Quote from: SmokyBlue on November 24, 2008, 11:02:51 PM
if you would like to see the error in action:

http://www.pixelbypaint.com/forum/index.php?action=links

not sure what you are doing there, but it didnt get rid of the error..

can i ask what level of mysql and php are you running?

sometimes that has a play on items as well.

im not trying to be offensive, but i have some very important graffix links that my site members use and i still havent rolled it back to the 1.6 yet, as i havent had the time, but i will in the am.. i do hope you get this fixed vb, as the mod is a very good one, like the rss feeder one as well.  ;) 

btw, have you checked your messages at all??(from me on that mod [rss])  if you do not want to turn it over to me, no worries, i will create one myself.. i just wanted your permission is all..  :)  as it stands, i would rather have my own..

but back to the topic.. if you need a test acct on my site, will pop one up for you.. let me know -SB

this is what pops up in the error log as well..

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: permissionname_delete_links_any
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1536

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: permissionname_edit_links_any
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1536

if that will help as well..  :)

That sounds like you need to goto your member groups and validate the permissions are set for each group..

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

:o i wish Harsh..

this happens when i am admin, or when i log out and try to see, and i do have all permissions correct.  :'(
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

sakura1998

Hi,

I thought it would be a really neat feature if links were automatically listed according to ranking (with higher ranking links being at the top)

I've managed to bury some pretty good links under others not nearly so worthy since I started using the mod (and that as just in one day - moving all the links I had in separate threads...)

Any of the Braniacs willing to have a go? :)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

i would just be happy if the new update would work..  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Smoky "Rider" Blue

ok i rolled it back to the 1.6 and still get the unable to load main tmeplate..

vbgamer, have you figured anything out with it yet?

i would hate to remove it off my site, but if its not functioning, there is no reason i should keep it.  :)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

ok...

no response vbgamer??

here is what i have done..

i went into the cpanel and found the database my forum uses, i found the links table, i went to "browse" (first image on the left for me, at least..) and then i exported the links saved in the databse via a xml file..

(links were intact) hmm..

then i removed the mod, (1.72 ) that was causing the grief. and then i droped the table for it as well..

i then re uploaded the mod, and guess what. no errors. imagine that.. now, what could have caused it to become corrupted? for that is what happened.. i even offered you to test the mod issue out..

but now it's at least working, and i have to correct pixel again, will be very happy to have the mod working like i know it should..

hopefully, if anyone else has this issue.. like HR  :D they too can fix it.

thanks again..  ;)

FreeSporePrints

Hello,
i've this error in the Forum Error Log:

Error message '8: Undefined index: smflinks_menu
File: /home/XXX/smf/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 598' (Clear filter)

What can i do?

I can't neither uninstall the mod (it gives me error on Subs.php)

Thanks,
F.

Pipeto

I removed the mod, (1.72 ) for this problem

Unable to load the template 'main'

HR

Quote from: Pipeto on November 30, 2008, 05:04:25 AM
I removed the mod, (1.72 ) for this problem

Unable to load the template 'main'

Well we can write that one off since its unable to be duplicated it must not exists.. remember... there is no spoon!

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.

Sabre™

Quote from: HR on November 30, 2008, 11:06:31 AM
... there is no spoon!

....it is not the spoon that bends......... it is only yourself.

LOL
Pure class!
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

roflmao.. ok.. will give a feedback on this,

too bad vbgamner is M.I.A..  ;)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

now that i found the fix:

Quotei went into the cpanel and found the database my forum uses, i found the links table, i went to "browse" (first image on the left for me, at least..) and then i exported the links saved in the databse via a xml file..

then i removed the mod, (1.72 ) that was causing the grief. and then i droped the table for it as well..

i then re uploaded the mod, and guess what. no errors. imagine that.. now, what could have caused it to become corrupted? for that is what happened.. i even offered you to test the mod issue out..

ITS WORKING NOW

maybe someone, perhaps even vbgamer ;) can figure out why it did this and why i had to take extra steps in getting the mod working again.. or why there was even an update to it, as the 1.6 bersion was working correctly before the 1.71 was announced, which in turn screwed up not only my site but a few others.. and he couldnt even say how to fix this..

Harsh, im not sure what to tell you on yours.. and i hope if you can figure it out, post it up as well..

@FreeSporePrints.. if you find you have no uninstall, then download the mod, open it up, find the .xml file and add your version of smf to the install and the uninstall part of the file, using notepadd++

* SmokyBlue mutters.. why couldnt someone give him this advise before now??? hmm off for a smoke and bedtime.. later taterzz  ;)

sakura1998

Hey guys...  A bit harsh.

These mods are made free of charge - that's always worth keeping in mind (if you gave up your Saturday afternoons to mow the old lady down the road's lawn, how impressed would you be if she kept poking notes in your letterbox saying that you'd missed a bit in the far corner...?)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm.. sakura1998

im  a mod creator too.. i stand by mine and i fully support what few i do have. Harsh?? i support create and think of what more i can do. i know i cant be in 3 places at one time, but i do try. i do give a response, even if i am stuck or otherwise. i try to do the right thing and think of the "new" people, you know, the ones that have no idea of what they are doing..

i try not to sit around and let others solve what i cant get going, unless i do admit that, and i seek out others that might know where to go from my "stuck end of view"

harsh? no, im not harsh at all.. Harsh is one of my friends, and ya know what? i gave up all afternoon yesterday to help him out, cuz i wanted to  try and help him fix this.. do i see anyone else with this issue, or attempting to help fix it?

im sorry if you think this is harsh, but i dont think you would like it if i invited you to tea with a soggy wet map and no directions that are readable. same thing i have been "chatting " on here..  i do not think you would go for that ride either. just clearing the air here, and vbgamer has seen me post for a while now so.. take this for what it is worth..

its how i corrected my issue with the mod.

HR

**Update.. the error remained despite the update.
Resolved by:
1. Uninstallation (COMPLETE, manually had to edit a few files reporting error)
2. From control panel export links tables to SQL (make sure it doesnt have the 'DROP' option.
3. Install 1.7.2
4. From control panel Import your content from previous version (note this is CONTENT ONLY and not table creation or dropping of existing tables).

As for the above comment.. if I get repeated calls about that corner I go cut the whole of the yard again and make sure I have the corner this time. You DONT go cut the corner and leave the rest because then the corner is cut lower. If the calls bother me then I fix what I screwed up and stop advertising that I cut yards.

Where this would relate to mods.. Id pull the thing down if it doesnt hold water (this is why I dont throw mods up for public distribution or charge for support after the fact when I do work). I have yet to figure out why the update process would not resolve the error as I manually placed the files there when I saw the error remained to be certain they were in fact the current version and there were no issues with overwrite permissions. But hey.. there you have it just dont update the thing.

But, I do do database work and the like for site restructure.. and if a customer installed a bug following with a mod and they still want the thing (despite my sincere recommendations to the contrary) then it shows up in the log and I hear about it. Stuff rolls down hill and Im the middle man.

vbgamer45

If someone has a fix please post it so I can update the modification.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

here is the fix:

Quotei went into the cpanel and found the database my forum uses, i found the links table, i went to "browse" (first image on the left for me, at least..) and then i exported the links saved in the database via a xml file..

then i removed the mod, (1.72 ) that was causing the grief. and then i dropped the table for it as well..

for 3rd time. it does work this way, and not sure how you coded the mod in the first place..

im only a site customizer.. i create a few mods/themes i think are benefiting a site, mess with seo, marketing and the like..

i maintain over 9+ sites and wont upgrade a mod on anyone else,unless i know that the mod update will work straight from jump street, and is an "actual upgrade"

i really see little difference between the 1.6 and the 1.71-1.72, as the functions are all the same

but i imagine there is a piece either missing or wrongly written to throw the error up..

i have only a few bits of time lately to debug other people's errors, but if you can figure this out vbgamer, it will be appreciated, like all your other ones..

sakura1998

Hi Smoky,

Since you make and release mods yourself, I guess you're more than qualified to comment  :)

I've just seen some really ungrateful responses from folks who have very little right to be ungrateful since learning about Open Source (I'm not old enough in the scene to take it all for granted - when someone makes a mod and shares it, I feel I've been done a favor)

I realize it's a bit of a geek thing (peer appreciation is the reward for the guys and girls who make this kind of stuff and the standards are generally high)

As open source moves more and more beyond the realm of geeks alone (very much what the Web2.0 revolution means in my opinion) I hope we can reassess the relationship of coders and their public and create a place where 'please' and 'thank you' are commonly heard (which they aren't and I think that's a shame...)

Here's my idea - Why not have a 'modders forum' where the braniacs can hammer at each other and win grudging respect from other coders and make the public forum the 'smiley-happy place'  8)

_sebas_

???

hi !

a mistake occurs

I have permision of administrator,  3 links for approve :
missing

Advertisement: