News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GazOutEast

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 03, 2009, 10:49:50 PM
That is an issue with mod_security please search forum for answer.

vb - you didn't read the earlier post did you?

Quote from: GazOutEast on March 03, 2009, 01:31:40 PM

I've tried the .htaccess patch you recommended a page or two back, and it did nothing at all.

Any further recommendations?

Gaz
[/h]

I'm not the first person to mention that, that mod-security patch DID NOT work, and I'm not the first person that you ignored reporting that result.

As it is ONLY the Links mod getting this result, it implies there is a bug in the mod, or at the very least an incompatibility with something in the hosting of a number of users.  Our hosts are latest php sql etc so it is not an old OS causing the issue.
Our hosts use typical configs (it's not godaddy or anyone like that).

As per my first request - Any further recommendations?

I would really like to get this to work, but if you're going to do an eBay Universal Support Script ("clear cache and cookies" + "click" as the phone hangs up) then I'll de-install now so I can get on with adding the other mods.

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

vbgamer45

If you need paid support I can help otherwise read over this topic for the issue in the past my time is very limited.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

GazOutEast

Phah - I stand by what I said - I've got your measure now
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

Paolo Bitta

ok, i've read that i'm not the only one that has problems with installation on smf 1.1.8.

it tries to install the version for smf 2, and if i try to obtain the manual instructons, it shows me those for sfm 2.0 again....

could you please cut&paste here the manual instruction for installation on smf 1.1.8 ?
thanks a lot, this mod could be very useful  :)

Xavi-Nena

Quote from: willerby on February 11, 2009, 11:26:38 AM
Can anyone suggest the code changes necessary to add the Image URL to the bottom of each link's posting and editing page, create the necessary database field and enable it to be displayed to the left of the link Title (and be clickable) in the listings?

Was there a solution for this yet that I am just overlooking? Thanks. :)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you will need to visit vbgamer's site and download the 1.67 version of this in order for it to work, the latest does not work for the 1.1.8 series that is uploaded to the smf mod repository.. ;)

just got the older version installed to the 1.1.8 with no issues. the other one, it hangs up on both the admin and subs file, and vbgamer does not wish to fix it.  :)

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

ttuu

after i install this mod i see errors in error log:
8: Undefined index: permissionname_rate_links_any
files: /hsphere/local/home/ladaatne/ladaat.net/forum/new76/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
line: 1636
8: Undefined index: permissionname_rate_links_own
files: /hsphere/local/home/ladaatne/ladaat.net/forum/new76/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
line: 1632
8: Undefined index: permissionname_links_auto_approve_any
8: Undefined index: permissionname_links_auto_approve_own
8: Undefined index: permissionname_approve_links_any
8: Undefined index: permissionname_approve_links_any

rgecy

OK, I got the SMF Links 1.67 to install on 1.1.8 and works in the default theme, but what code do I install in my themes to make it work on the others?

Thanks,

RGecy

rgecy

bump...... Any help on how to get it to work in other themes?

kitkat278

I tried to install this and I get this...

I am using SMF 1.1.8 and these mods...

Is there a way to make it install correctly?

Thanks so much!

rgecy

kitkat,

You will have to do what I did and go to vbgamer's web site and download 1.67.  I have it working on 1.1.8 but only on the default theme.  I cannot find the code and where to put it for my other themes.

Any help anyone who has got this to work??????

Paolo Bitta

Quote from: rgecy on March 30, 2009, 06:26:25 PM
kitkat,

You will have to do what I did and go to vbgamer's web site and download 1.67.  I have it working on 1.1.8 but only on the default theme.  I cannot find the code and where to put it for my other themes.

Any help anyone who has got this to work??????

I have smf 1.1.8 but the version 1.67 it doesn't install either.
I tried to guess how to make a manual installation, and it seems that the installation script searches for code section starting with "CDATA blablabla", but in my files i have just the "blablabla" stuff without CDATA.

I tried to patch the installation xml file, but i'm not expert enough to make it work (and i guess it won't uninstall, if needed..)

so, vbgamer, would you just jump in here and spend some minutes to explain how to manual install it?
you have the working code, don't bother packing it... just cut&paste it here with some instructions.....

byez

Xavi-Nena

the package parser on the mod page will show you how to manually install the mod on the two test failed files.

Bec

Sorry if my questions have been answered already, I did have a looksie through the old posts but couldn't find anything...

I am wondering:-

Is it possible to sort the links once they are in their categories? Just think it would be a lot tidier if they were sorted...
Is it possible to have an image for the links (I know its possible for the categories)...

If so, would you please mind telling me how I can go about implementing them.

----------------

I am also a little confused, just installed 1.8.1.1 onto my 1.1.8 forum and well it failed the install on admin.php and subs.php so I just went in to do the edits and well i cant find where to put them because the lines that are quoted in the package parser are not in my files....have attached both my files would someone please mind taking a look and telling me where i need to add the information...

Paolo Bitta

Quote from: NenaGb on April 04, 2009, 09:40:50 PM
the package parser on the mod page will show you how to manually install the mod on the two test failed files.

that's false

if you try, you will obtain the manual instruction for smf 2.0, there's an error in the script, and this issue has already be reported before.

Xavi-Nena

Quote from: Paolo Bitta on April 07, 2009, 06:43:34 AM
Quote from: NenaGb on April 04, 2009, 09:40:50 PM

that's false

if you try, you will obtain the manual instruction for smf 2.0, there's an error in the script, and this issue has already be reported before.

well how bout that ....

PalmBeachPreps

Any other mods such as this one for links?

I've been searching for almost two days and have yet to find one.

Bec

well I have it installed on my 1.1.8 site and while it failed on those two files that everyone has been mentioning, it is working fine and not pulling any errors. 

Quote from: rgecy on March 30, 2009, 08:42:48 AM
OK, I got the SMF Links 1.67 to install on 1.1.8 and works in the default theme, but what code do I install in my themes to make it work on the others?

Thanks,

RGecy

you will need to create a new tab within your themes index template to show the links page - no other edits needed.

Quote from: AlreeGator on April 12, 2009, 11:47:12 PM
Any other mods such as this one for links?

I've been searching for almost two days and have yet to find one.

not that I am aware of, but I have been using this mod for quite some time and cannot fault it (except i wish it would sort the links in alphabetical order)

Quote from: Bec on April 05, 2009, 03:32:40 PM

Is it possible to sort the links once they are in their categories? Just think it would be a lot tidier if they were sorted...
Is it possible to have an image for the links (I know its possible for the categories)...

If so, would you please mind telling me how I can go about implementing them.

BUMP! :)

willerby

Find /.../Themes/default/links.template.php and then search for

default:
$sort = 'l.ID_LINK';
}

}
else
{
$sort = 'l.ID_LINK';
}

Replace with:

default:
$sort = 'l.title';
}

}
else
{
$sort = 'l.title';
}

That should do it...
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Advertisement: