News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MrMorph

Yeah like we keep saying they are not the right instructions...

karbaciun

hi

this mod is the best of links directory mod but:
for install it error in
/admin.php
/subs.php

and Manual Install is for smf 2 and donot for 1.1.9
please help me.
tnx

MrMorph

karbaciun

Quote from: karbaciun on July 02, 2009, 04:19:04 PM
hi

this mod is the best of links directory mod but:
for install it error in
/admin.php
/subs.php

and Manual Install is for smf 2 and donot for 1.1.9
please help me.
tnx

have not solution?
???

karbaciun

please ready it for smf 1.1.x

thanks a lot

Angelotus

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 01, 2006, 09:56:29 AM
Quote from: akulion on November 30, 2006, 03:28:06 AM
hi vbgamer45

i wanted to ask - I use TP, is there a way for me to add a small list of the last 6 links added to the links directory and display it in a block ?

What I am wanting is this (without descriptions and stuff - just the name of the site linked to the URL:

Last 6 Links added:
- link 1
- link 2
- link 3
- link 4
- link 5
- link 6
Add A Link (link for adding a new link)

thanks
Coded a quick TinyPortal / SSI function you can use

function ssi_links_recent()
{
global $scripturl,$db_prefix;

$dbresult = db_query("SELECT l.ID_LINK, l.rating, l.title,l.date, l.ID_MEMBER, l.description,l.hits FROM {$db_prefix}links AS l WHERE l.approved = 1 ORDER BY l.ID_LINK DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($dbresult))
{

echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=links;sa=visit;id=' . $row['ID_LINK'] . '" target="blank">' . $row['title'] . '</a><br />';

}
echo '<br />';
echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=links;sa=addlink">Add Link</a>';

mysql_free_result($dbresult);
}

Can you provide the code for SMF 2.0 as well, because the code above will not work with 2.0???

ross85

I keep getting this error on my PHP error logs:

[20-Jul-2009 18:29:22] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ob_exit() in /home2/rotorhe1/public_html/Sources/Links.php on line 579

What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Ross

vbgamer45

Quote from: ross85 on July 20, 2009, 10:20:19 PM
I keep getting this error on my PHP error logs:

[20-Jul-2009 18:29:22] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ob_exit() in /home2/rotorhe1/public_html/Sources/Links.php on line 579

What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Ross
Upgrade to the latest release
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ross85

i have 1.8.1.1, That is what is listed for download on the mod site.

DarkValentine

Hello.

I'm having a problem with installing the most recent version of SMFLinks.

I'm using SMF 2.0RC1-2 and I'm trying to install this mod on my forums. The only problem is that all except the following one goes through.

QuoteDatabase Error
SQL logic error or missing database
near "NOT": syntax error
File: /home/generati/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/linksql2.php
Line: 20

Everything checks out, without problems or issues. The correct folder permissions have been set. I've double & triple checked all files that were needed. Despite saying "Test Successful" on every last one of them, and trying both Manual Installation & through the Package Manager, That one listed problem is preventing me from installing it on my forums.

If it helps any, when that error is shown, and I look in the error log, this is the image of what I see, as to what is supposedly "missing".

When I look into the same line, in the directory, by way of FTP, I get this

As you can see, what is shown in the error message, to the first pic. Is not there in the second pic.

To further extend the issue, When I looked into that line through Notepad++ to see if there was an issue, There was nothing on that line. Which most likely caused the error. Which is still strange by all means...

Any help with this issue, would be very much appreciated. I have searched all of the pages of this thread. I have also searched the forums of where this mod originates. So I have done the research, but no findings.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkValentine

vbgamer45

Really confused then can you try manually running the create table for the articles in your database

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Lord Feste

Hi, looks like a great mod, installed with NP on Rc1-1... buuuut... even though I've set all membergroups to view, only admins can see the link in the forum nav and actually access the Links? I searched this thread for an answer but didn't see anyone else with the same problem.

Any ideas?  thanks again. looking forward to getting this working.

vbgamer45

Admin -> Permisssions -> modify each group and give them permission to view the links page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

willerby

vbg,

After reinstall of SMF2.0 RC1.2 and reupload of this mod over my existing database my hosts error log has multiple examples of following reported:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ob_exit() in /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Links2.php on line 689

Links is current version untouched?

Any help appreciated

W
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

FireDitto

Quote from: MrMorph on June 19, 2009, 06:24:31 AM
Using SMF 1.1.9

Hi I am having the same problem as many other people, but no solution has been forthcoming.  When I install with the package manager I get :

6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed

Now as we know the parser for the manual hack is misleading.

Can we get the right manual modifications for admin.php and subs.php for use in SMF 1.1.x please VBGamer ?

Just post them here so we can all see.   Thanks.

I'm also after the manual install for 1.1.x please.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

willerby

Quote from: willerby on July 26, 2009, 04:57:18 PM
vbg,

After reinstall of SMF2.0 RC1.2 and reupload of this mod over my existing database my hosts error log has multiple examples of following reported:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ob_exit() in /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Links2.php on line 689

Any help appreciated

W
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

vbgamer45

Quote from: willerby on July 31, 2009, 09:11:48 AM
Quote from: willerby on July 26, 2009, 04:57:18 PM
vbg,

Any help appreciated

W
Fixed

New version released
!Fixed bugs with install for SMF 1.1.X
!Fixed missing permission text for SMF 2.0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: