News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfoStrides

I just installed SMF links today and tested with a link. I am unable to approve the link. It keeps redirrecting me to homepage whenever I click on *Approve*.

Please Help!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

FireDitto

ezPortal may be being difficult to install, but the Links installed beautifully for me and the test link and category also worked wonderfully.

-- SMF 2.0 RC2
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

InfoStrides

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 12, 2009, 03:06:34 PM
What version of SMF?

I am using SMF 1.1.10 (www.infostridesforum.com). Meanwhile, I encountered "500 Internal Server Error" after I installed it.

vbgamer45

Can you access any part of the links system? Does the 500 error still occur?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

InfoStrides

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 13, 2009, 09:03:46 AM
Can you access any part of the links system? Does the 500 error still occur?

I have resolved "500 Internal Server Error" but now I have issue with approving links. I can not approve link as Admin.

Pls help!

Liam.

What was the 500 Internal Server Error's cause, and how did you fix it?
As for approving links, have you tried on multiple accounts, or clearing your cache?

InfoStrides

Quote from: iKorp on November 15, 2009, 01:03:24 PM
What was the 500 Internal Server Error's cause, and how did you fix it?
As for approving links, have you tried on multiple accounts, or clearing your cache?

What was the 500 Internal Server Error's cause?
I could not figure out was actually caused it. I knew that SMF links was last installed when I got the error. My host informed that the problem was not from their side.

how did you fix it?
I restored my last backup to fix it.

I tried these but make no difference. Any attempt to approve keeps redirrecting me to homepage.

Please help!

vbgamer45

Released a new update on mod site download that version and see if it helps with your 500 error issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

InfoStrides

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 15, 2009, 06:26:58 PM
Released a new update on mod site download that version and see if it helps with your 500 error issue.

Thank you for the information. I will update my version.

Meanwhile, the major problem is link editing and approval in the admin area. It keeps redirecting me to homepage.

Pls help!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

InfoStrides

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 16, 2009, 07:33:37 PM
That update should fix that issue.

Thank you. It works fine now. Great mods! You can check it now under 'directory'.

xmh

Hi,

I can't seem to get regular members permissions set up so that they can delete or edit their own links.

Tried the mod on V2 RC1.2 & V2 RC2 with the same result. Attached are the settings I have made for the categories and smf permissions.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xmh

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up.  it was the edit own link & delete own link columns that threw me.

Any chance they (regular members) could have that option be in a future version ?

Cheers

c-ron

Hi, I'm installing SMF Links 2.1.2 on a fresh copy of SMF 1.1.11. The install goes off without a hitch, however, when it tries to re-direct to the settings page after applying the mod, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare showsubcats() (previously declared in /home/<my username>/forum/Sources/Links.php:1454) in /home/<my username>/public_html/unvanquished/forum/Sources/Load.php(1742) : eval()'d code on line 1383

Help! This seems to only affect this version of links, as I previously had an older version installed and working fine before (before I reinstalled SMF).

Kindred

well, it looks like you have double installed...   you will have to manually remove the duplicate code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

c-ron

Quote from: Kindred on December 29, 2009, 08:25:20 AM
well, it looks like you have double installed...   you will have to manually remove the duplicate code

Yes, that's what the problem was. I had an extra copy of links.php in my theme's folder which was screwing it up. I deleted that and everything worked fine. Thanks!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hafizadam

Hi, I wanted a simple download system for my forum and looked it up in the Modifications but none suits my taste.

I want one that list all the links in one a page and when users click on them, they didnt have to open new window for description and such. so I chose SMF Links to do the trick.

But then I need to change some item:

1. the Menu name to be Download

2. the description for the Category will appear in Category page.

3. maybe some modification for the Mod Menu names (eg: Add Link to be "Add Download", etc) as well.

if you need more information, let me know.

thanks in advance.

Advertisement: