News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

hafizadam,

this mod is not really intended as a download mod...   so you are stretching it to do something that it was not really intended to do...

text changes can be made by changing the values in modifications.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hafizadam

Actually the idea is because of:

1. our users mainly using MediaFire as their hosting, external server
2. we have multiple files to download for a category (The same concept as Mangas, they have Volume 1, 2, 3 etc.)

I've took a look on another download Mod, but the users have to open each Volume in a New Page before they saw the Download Link. It's such a bother for them especially when they have crappy connection and missed a whole bunch of Volumes to download. So this Mod will be very helpful as all Volumes are in one page and the users can access them directly. One click will bring them the MediaFire page.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I'll try to look into that.

bound2bmine

How does this work on EZPortal with a custom theme. I see it on the portal page but how do you and links to it?

vbgamer45

You need to have SMF Links installed. Then there will be a links option in the menu to add link categories.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Afro

after upgrading to RC2 version,
guests and regurlar cannot add links again even though i enabled it for them in the general permission

TheListener

Afro

Quote from: Brack1 on January 20, 2010, 12:22:26 AM
Can the "Links" tab in the menu be renamed?

Yes, You an rename it in the modifications.english.php file...or modifications.english-utf8.php file ....find LINKS. Change it

Angelotus

Hi VB, I am using SMF 1.10, how can I get the total amount of hits? I tried this code, but it only outputs the nr of links, and not hits:

function template_linkhits($output_method = 'echo')
{
   global $db_prefix, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

$totals = array(
      'members' => $modSettings['totalMembers'],
      'posts' => $modSettings['totalMessages'],
      'topics' => $modSettings['totalTopics']
   );

$result = db_query("
      SELECT COUNT(t.hits) as total
      FROM {$db_prefix}links as t", __FILE__, __LINE__);
   list ($totals['linkhits']) = mysql_fetch_row($result);
   mysql_free_result($result);

if ($output_method != 'echo')
      return $totals;

echo 'Totaal aantal hits: ', $totals['linkhits'], '.';
}

Tulumer

Is there somewhere you can see a list of the current links available for download? 
I'd rather not do the install if the links aren't really compatible with my site.
Man, this stuff is really complicated.
But I like it.

www.TripReports.info
www.TulumReviews.com

vbgamer45

No but it works fine with SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Quote from: Tulumer on February 20, 2010, 01:32:58 PM

Is there somewhere you can see a list of the current links available for download? 
I'd rather not do the install if the links aren't really compatible with my site.

???   This mod does not install any links. It installed a feature for your board to allow people to add links in a link directory on your board
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Angelotus

Quote from: Angelotus on February 06, 2010, 07:04:27 PM
Hi VB, I am using SMF 1.10, how can I get the total amount of hits? I tried this code, but it only outputs the nr of links, and not hits:

function template_linkhits($output_method = 'echo')
{
   global $db_prefix, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

$totals = array(
      'members' => $modSettings['totalMembers'],
      'posts' => $modSettings['totalMessages'],
      'topics' => $modSettings['totalTopics']
   );

$result = db_query("
      SELECT COUNT(t.hits) as total
      FROM {$db_prefix}links as t", __FILE__, __LINE__);
   list ($totals['linkhits']) = mysql_fetch_row($result);
   mysql_free_result($result);

if ($output_method != 'echo')
      return $totals;

echo 'Totaal aantal hits: ', $totals['linkhits'], '.';
}

Any ideas on this?

vbgamer45

Just remove the COUNT() you don't need it just t.hits

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Angelotus

I did tried that, but it only gives my the nr of hits of the first row. Not from all the rows as a total...

Kindred

right...  because your code as written is only selecting one row from one column....  you need to place the t.hits into an array and then do a  foreach to read it back out.
Слaва
Украинi

Angelotus

petesky

HI vbgamer !

Just found your LINK mod which is fine but i have linktree navigation twice. Same error as in downloads but i did not remeber what to modfy.

vbgamer45

Remove theme_linktree from the templates for SMF 2.0 will get that fixed thanks!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Posted an update to fix the duplicate linktree for SMF 2.0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petesky

OK fine thanks. If there are no more changes i'll use it as it is. Is there a pro version available ?

Advertisement: