News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

This is one of first mods I made plan on adding more to it one day lol.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

petesky

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 12, 2010, 01:30:04 AM
This is one of first mods I made plan on adding more to it one day lol.

..and don't forget to check for EDIT OWN LINKS for each member which doesn't work at the moment :-)

jay.clark

This problem cropped up at some point and I think it may be related to doing an upgrade from smf 1.11 to 2.0 RC2.

When I add a new category or sub-category to the links everything proceeds normally.

However the description does not display, for admin or users.

When I go back to the same entry and do an edit, whatever text I put into the description field is no longer there.  Seems like the save for description is not working so the text never gets into the db.

So far I have tried uninstall/reinstall with no success, I was missing the englishutf8 language file so I installed that and tried the install uninstall again, still no luck.

Checking I found that the 2.2 release was available, so uninstalled 2.1, uploaded 2.2 and installed it, still no success.

Is anyone having similar problems ? Is there a fix ?  Where should I look next for the answer?

jayr

Update

Thinking I might find a clue, I checked out the instruction for doing a manual install for RC2.

I found that the file linksql2.php was missing from the root directory of the forum installation.

Tried uploading it and linksql.php to my /forums directory, changed permissions to 777 and tried editing a description again.

No luck, descriptions still do not display and apparently are not getting saved when I hit the edit button, nothing shows up in the error log either.

I checked the other files and they all appear to be in the correct place in /themes/default as well

any suggestions of what to try next gratefully appreciated
SMF 1.11- SMF 2.0 RC2/RC3 - - RSS Feed Poster 2.2,RSS Feeder 1.1.4, Downloads System Pro 1.0.17.1, SMF Classifieds 1.3.5, SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.2, SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Felidae, Aeva Media 1.1b, Ultimate Profile     0.9, Google Analytics Code 1.1, Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4, Stop Spammer 2.3.7, SMF Links 2.2, Site map 2.1.2, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, Ad Management 2.3.6

SMF (Donated) SMF Links (donated) - Ad Manager (donated) - phpMyChat (donated)

TheListener

Am looking at this mod as a possible addition to the forum.

Is it possible for jjust the actual links to be shown?

jay.clark

Quote from: Spuds on March 19, 2010, 08:58:38 PM

I had the same problem when adding a description to a category, I found that you need to toggle out of WYSIWYG editor when adding the description (and editing) for it to save.  The links descriptions don't have the full editor so seem to work just fine.

Thanks, that did the trick for me

jayr
SMF 1.11- SMF 2.0 RC2/RC3 - - RSS Feed Poster 2.2,RSS Feeder 1.1.4, Downloads System Pro 1.0.17.1, SMF Classifieds 1.3.5, SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.2, SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Felidae, Aeva Media 1.1b, Ultimate Profile     0.9, Google Analytics Code 1.1, Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4, Stop Spammer 2.3.7, SMF Links 2.2, Site map 2.1.2, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, Ad Management 2.3.6

SMF (Donated) SMF Links (donated) - Ad Manager (donated) - phpMyChat (donated)

dnuttall

Is it possible to provide a "Search SMF Links" option?

It seems to be working nicely with 1.1.11 :)

Thanks for the mod.

Dave Nuttall
San Antonio, TX

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

forfun

Hi Eveyone,
I already post a similar message on the other forum, but there is no help, so I have to post here.
I really like the script, but I am running into a problem that I don't know how to fix it.
After adding more sub-categories, the table under the main cat expanding horizontally too wide.
Please help.
Thanks MUCH in advanced

vbgamer45

I believe that's a known issue no fix for it currently.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

forfun

Thanks for the quick reply.
This is really surprised me regarding this error.
Thanks again.

petesky

petesky

If you try to edit links you will see, that only admin can do. Every other cannot edit their own links; they only can submit.

forfun

What the heck are you talking about?  ;D
I am asking for help about displaying error, there is nothing wrong about link or permission.
Am I missing something here?  ;D

vbgamer45

Update!
!Fixed Editor issue in SMF 2.0 for categories/links

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petesky

I'm talking about:

1) Only admin can edit links
2) Global Mod can only unapprove links but not edit even i set rights in rights management
3) Members incl. can only submit links but not edit their own links.

That's all

vbgamer45

Permissions should set those options. I looked at the code it should be ok.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petesky

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MarkoKg

Hello.
I installed this mod at girlyman theme, but the button isnt like others in manu, so i was wondering if someone can fix this for me.
Attached screenshot, and index.template.php

Advertisement: