News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

don't worry labradoodle helped. he happened to log onto google talk and ask how I was. he is making it, and it has his copyright, but I will post a link to a txt file here for others, is that ok?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

KensonPlays

Hmm... he almost finished but had to do client stuff.. I am asking if he is done.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

The-One-Neo

DEEPSNUYB

I manually installed this mod and it is not working.

1.  After uploading linksql2.php and executing it, I get a blank white screen.  I check my database and the tables were not created.

I went and removed the coding until my site came back up.

The coding for subs.php was removed and it brought my site back up.

version rc3.  latest 5.x mysql

Any idea what I may have missed and why this file did not execute the creation of the tables in my database.

I have manually installed all my mods with no problems.

I'm a vbgamer45 whore, i use only his mods

ad management
smf gallery
smf trader
simple audio video embed
contact page

vbgamer45

Did you upload linksql2.php  to the root directory of your forum? And then run it from the browser I would try one more time

The tables should start with smf_links
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DEEPSNUYB

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 20, 2010, 12:45:42 PM
Did you upload linksql2.php  to the root directory of your forum? And then run it from the browser I would try one more time

The tables should start with smf_links

Yes sir.  I tried that.  I then opened up the file that was uploaded to the root directory to see what tables should have been created.  They were not created when I checked the database.

I tried to run the file under Firefox, latest version, and IE, latest version, both three or four times each.

I only use your mods and all the mods I use are manually edited in.  I never use that package manager.  I like to see what is being changed so I can LEARN for myself later on and fix problems if they arise.

I believe everyone should manually hack their boards and disregard the package manager.

vbgamer45

Hmm open up linkssql2.php
Do a find and replace
Find

Engine=MyISAM

Replace with

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DEEPSNUYB

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 20, 2010, 12:52:57 PM
Hmm open up linkssql2.php
Do a find and replace
Find

Engine=MyISAM

Replace with

Replace with what, it's blank.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DEEPSNUYB

I will try that and report back to you when I get it done.  Thanks.

DEEPSNUYB

Just a quick question first.  What the reason why I got the blank screen is because the tables were not there?  I would think the board will still show since the mod wasn't activated.

vbgamer45

The database table installer never shows any completion information.
I still think this was called by an old versoin of mysql. Check your forum's errors log too

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DEEPSNUYB

It worked.  I'm glad to be a vbgamer45 whore slut.  I use only your mods.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DEEPSNUYB

Yes and thanks for making that simple video mod.  AVEA video mod doesn't have anything on you.  YOU know it, I know it, WE all know it here.
They don't like it then we can start a war.  They better recognize and realize.

Kindred

let's not get into that, please. Such attacks/suggestions are not appropriate and have already resulted in one ban. Let's not add you...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DEEPSNUYB

netshaq

SMF Links is a great mod but when I add links to the catagories it doesn't have a way to put them in alphabetical order unless I am missing something ??

Thanks
Steve

RUNNING 1.1.11

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KensonPlays

When will this have support for RC4? I am waiting until my main modifications (the important ones) have RC4 support before I upgrade. This is holding me back.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: