News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

glad you have it solved.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

Am I missing something?  There doesn't appear to be any way to make this mod 'not active' (or rather, not visible to forum users ?

I want to get it all set up with the links and so on, before I "go live", if possible.

As it is, as soon as I install it 'Links' appears as a menu item for users.

If they click - nothing there yet - not a good look.

I apologise if I'm missing something that should be obvious :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Ah ! under member permissions ! Got it!  I was looking for something in the mod settings themselves.  Cheers for that !
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

vbgamer45

Glad you got it working! Yeah I try to make any of my mods that add a menu item permission based.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Westwegoman

Quote from: GlitchPC on December 26, 2011, 10:01:14 AM
Running SMF 2.0.2, along with the latest version of this mod.  (see attached image)

Why are there two different edit/delete links in this mod?

If the above is normal...then, why isn't there a description for the secondary drop-down menu?

Thanks, in advance...

I'm having a similar issue as in this post. https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=98911.msg3235889;topicseen#msg3235889

Some permissions are showing up twice. I have searched through the files but can't seem to find a duplication.

SMF Links 3.0.6 running on SMF 2.0.14

vbgamer45

It was for own links and any links I guess the language strings were not setup correctly for 2.0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

What is the update process please?  Is it just upload and install the new one, or do I uninstall./delete the old one first?
(It'd be cool if this info was included in the description of the mod, for easy reference)

Thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

OK I am trying to uninstall v 3.0.5 to updated to latest version, but I'm getting this error in teh test..

5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed

Suggestions / help welcome please.

vbgamer45

Install new version on top

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 17, 2018, 11:10:08 AM
Install new version on top

So don't uninstall, install new version, and there should be no errors.
Assuming that works, do I then 'uninstall' the old one, or just 'delete' it from the package manager ?(but not files of course)  Thanks

vbgamer45

You don't have to uninstall the old one just leave don't delete

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

OK will do.
To save me posting and you answering - does that same answer apply to your other mods?

Leaving old version in the package manager seems a bit untidy to me. Not having a go at you mate, just wondering. Perhaps you could clarify.  I thought that 'deleting' an entry from package manager only deleted the 'install' files, not any actual files that are used for the mod to work?
I may be wrong on this of course, jus wanting to get my head around it is all :)   

In any event, at least I'll be able to update some more of the mods tonight :)
Thank you :)

vbgamer45

Well just saying if you ever have to uninstall things you would have to do it all manually in that case.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Oh OK, thanks mate.

landyvlad

The new version installed over the old no problem, I now have this in the package manager:

1.   SMF Links   3.0.5   Today at 05:02 pm   [ Upgrade ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   SMF Links   3.0.6     Today at 05:02 pm   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

no green dot next to 3.0.5
green dot next to 3.0.6

Just leave as is now?

vbgamer45

yes just leave it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SaltedWeb

Wasn't sure reading the description what this mod does? Not trying to overload my forum with mods but was curious what it does exactly or where is the effective visuals seen in the mods actions?

Thanks.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

It adds a button to your menu called Links which then displays a link directory

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: