News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

First pic is the menu bar

Second pic is an example of a page within the links.  You can have all sort s of nested categories etc etc
(Obviously the logged in user is an admin as the additional options to thew right illustrate)

Hope this helps.

:)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

SaltedWeb

Oh.. ok thats cool. Thank you was reading thru the ID wasn't sure... appreciate it  :-)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

SaltedWeb

Must be losing it, forgot I already looked at this mod.

Installs and works great, I want to do a few edits >

1. Change the  LINKS name on top
2. Change the Description name to something else.
3. Add a pic on the top where the words Links are.

If anyone can tell me what file names I can probably get it fine from there.

Thank you
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

For 1/2 would be the language files should be in themes/default/languages
modifications.english.php
and links.english.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SaltedWeb

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 14, 2018, 12:09:04 AM
For 1/2 would be the language files should be in themes/default/languages
modifications.english.php
and links.english.php
Thank you appreciate it :-)

SaltedWeb

Ok so did those edits thank you again,

I have another question. Is there a way to add a Http:// in the description?
and or expand the description content as it only allows a few lines and a need more room.

Installed fine no issues, uninstalled no issues I have a couple mods installed and interacted so far just fine.

vbgamer45

Could be done just requires coding.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SaltedWeb

Ok I'll see if I can figure it out some, not great at coding, any idea where one would start to do such a modification?
I would guess allowing more characterless would be the easiest?

Thanks for the quick response.

vbgamer45

Hard to say I have someone update that mod for me I don't know where the code would be offhand.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SaltedWeb

That OK, its a great mod unfortunately just a couple limits to get past.
Just a tad  limited, not enough description area and no way to place items in order.

For what I was going to use it for it won't work as well, but thank you for the help.
I think I will just write up HTML for what I was going to do and do that, will take allot longer but will
allow me to have the areas I need. Again thank you. :)

vbgamer45

Well the description content you can change the database field type to text and that should allow more space in the descriptions

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

why add http in the description? the description is not the link and shouldn't have links....

adding more text may be as simple as adding more to the field length in the form (links.template.php) but might also require changing the database addition code and the database field, depending on how it's currently coded/set up.

However, I just tested and I get as many lines as I want...
https://los.turtleshellprod.com/index.php?action=links;cat=1
(see second entry)

Adding an image would be a little complicated...   you'd have to either duplicate the attachment or avatar file upload process  ---   or just allow a URL for the image and make sure the image is present at that URL.

Changing the sorting would be as simple as setting a variable and using it to determine the sort order in the read-out database array
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Will this mod be made SMF2.1 compatible ?

vbgamer45

When 2.1 final gets released.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Tricky-Ricky

Is there a simple portal block that shows last 5 links iv tried all of there site but non work thanks

vbgamer45

I don't have one premade for simple portal I do do for ezportal similar code that could be copied though.

Bump up the topic on simple portal I can check it out too.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tricky-Ricky

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 17, 2018, 08:49:22 AM
I don't have one premade for simple portal I do do for ezportal similar code that could be copied though.

i could try the code you have for ezportal might work?

and hmmmmm iv just searched again on simple portal and im getting no hits today how strange.

vbgamer45

The code is in ezportal embeded here it is simple code

$dbresult = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
SELECT
l.ID_LINK,l.title,l.date, l.pagerank, l.alexa, l.rating, m.real_name, l.ID_MEMBER, l.description,l.hits
FROM {db_prefix}links AS l
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS m  ON (l.ID_MEMBER = m.ID_MEMBER)
WHERE l.approved = 1 ORDER BY l.ID_LINK DESC
LIMIT 5");
while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($dbresult))
{
echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=links;sa=visit;id=' . $row['ID_LINK'] . '" target="blank">' . $row['title'] . '</a><br />';
}
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($dbresult);

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: