News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky-Ricky

Hmmmm its saying

Function name must be a string?

vbgamer45

What SMF version are you using?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Tricky-Ricky

vbgamer45

Try
[code
global $smcFunc;

$dbresult = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
SELECT
l.ID_LINK,l.title,l.date, l.pagerank, l.alexa, l.rating, m.real_name, l.ID_MEMBER, l.description,l.hits
FROM {db_prefix}links AS l
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS m  ON (l.ID_MEMBER = m.ID_MEMBER)
WHERE l.approved = 1 ORDER BY l.ID_LINK DESC
LIMIT 5");
while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($dbresult))
{
echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=links;sa=visit;id=' . $row['ID_LINK'] . '" target="blank">' . $row['title'] . '</a><br />';
}
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($dbresult);
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tricky-Ricky

Wow man your good.

works a treat thanks ever so much.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

I see it SMF 2.0.15 compat but 
Is this (or is it likely to be updated to be)  SMF 2.1 RC2 compatible?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

A very prompt and very safe reply   :laugh:

Cheers mate
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

njtweb

I don't get what purpose a link directory serves? Who uses this and why? What is it for?

Kindred

I use a link directory on 4 different sites,  and only 3 of then run smf...

It serves exactly the purpose you would imagine. It's a directory.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on April 08, 2019, 08:14:02 PM
I use a link directory on 4 different sites,  and only 3 of then run smf...

It serves exactly the purpose you would imagine. It's a directory.

For what? Your links, somebody elses links? Links to what, a directory of what? I've seen links directory mods since the vbulletin days all the way back to 05. Does it help with SEO? I read about it but still don't see a purpose for it.

Kindred

No,   it doesn't help seo at all.
It's put there for the benefit of your users.

Links are typically to other sites.

This one is not smf, but it's a perfect example

https://www.chelmsforddogassociation.org/links/
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

njtweb

Ok, I see. So it's basically a page for links to anywhere.

I did that with coaches tools but I just made a post so others can comment on it to add or remove links or to ask questions. Pretty much the same idea, I think.

https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?topic=627

Kindred

But that is a topic.... there is no tracking of what links are clicked,  how many times or gathered statistics...  its not a menu linked page that users can easily find.
Слaва
Украинi

MoonCat

Hi,

one of the boards on my forum is library of books.
The books are PDF files stored on google drive.

Every topic is book name, description, pictures and link to download book.

However, I'd like the link to be available or clickable only to users with certain permissions (based on the member's activity).

Would this mod help me to achieve that? If not, is there other available mod you can advise that may help?

Thanks

vbgamer45

I don't believe this mod had link permissions by membergroups.

Maybe check out my download system mod might help.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MoonCat

Thanks, vbgamer45. I'll review the other mod, I know you also have Pro version of it in your store. Hopefully, it does what i need.

vbgamer45

If you have any questions let me know.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: