Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: nite0859 on June 18, 2007, 07:27:55 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 16, 2007, 01:33:18 PM
Version 1.1 Released
+Moved language strings to a language files
+Added trader rating approval sytem. Admins can now approve ratings
+Will send a PM to a user when a rating is added to their profile when it is approved.

Sorry to sound like a n00b, but what is the advantage of approving ratings? On the DP forums, nothing needs to be approved for their iTrader feedback system ...
No idea, that's why I didn't add it to begin with. But I guess some people want to review the ratings before they are posted.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Niteblade

If you get to review & approve (or deny) ratings, wouldn't that skew the truthfulness of a getting a review?

Everyone would only publish their positive reviews ...

@ DP's iTrader system, you must reference the thread where the "deal" was reached ...

Example, you'd have to reference the full url to the sale or a good or service that was being advertised ... then you have to specify whether you were the buyer or seller.. and you get to post comments about the transaction..
affiliate blog

makphisto

Quote from: RoarinRow on December 30, 2006, 12:50:41 AM
Thank you for this modification  8)   The only thing I did differently was move the 'Trade Count' number below the post count and unbolded the text. 

Nice... How did you do that?

kai920

Is anyone one running this with Joomla in a wrapped forum? (Orstio's bridge)

FishGuy876

Hi! I am trying to implement this to a site I am working on, though when I install it, there are no strings displayed! To see what I mean, please look at hxxp:thesportscollectorpa.com/forums/index.php?topic=2.0 [nonactive] and try and view the profile. Any help appreciated!!

vbgamer45

Copy text strings from themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
to every
themes/default/languages/modifications.*.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

FishGuy876

Hi again =)  Tried that and it didn't fix anything. Do get DB errors though for the string ID's not being defined. I'm reading through the files now in the installer, and I see entries like:

$txt['smftrader_title'] = 'SMF Trader System';
$txt['smftrader_version'] = '1.1';
$txt['smftrader_admin'] = 'Trader Settings';

Its failing because 'smtrader_title' etc. doesn't exist. I can't find in the mod where the numeric values for these are initialized beforehand, or isn't that important in this case?  Seems that piece is missing, at least from the download I have. Sorry if i'm being a pain, would really like to get this working  =)  FishGuy876

mattyh

Hi, great mod you have here. I run it on my forums at hxxp:www.swpocketmodels.com/forum/ [nonactive].  I am trying to modify the theme I'm using (FerryTema) to show the Trader Rating under everyone's avatars when they post.  I haven't had any luck.  I copied the code I found smftrader107.xml (I think that is the name) to the correct template file, but I get a database error.  it isn't the undefined string I don't believe since I changed the php to an actual string name instead when I tried again in order to see if that was the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

cru

hi! nice mod! thanks for this one! my installation went well on the default theme. my question is:

how do i tweak it in order to change the displayed text "Trade Count" ?

TrueSatan

@ cru

Look in Modifications.english.php...make the change there.

$txt['smftrader_profile'] = 'Trade Count: ';

cru

thanks for the swift reply! nice support here! im gonna vote smf at hotscripts!

TrueSatan

@ cru

Thankyou...It's always appreciated.

@ FishGuy876

All the strings you mention do is to put text into profiles etc...for instance a generic text is used in the Profile.template.php code...

<tr><td><b>' . $txt['smftrader_title'] . '</b></td></tr>

...then this calls the appropriate language for the forum via Modifications.<language>.php

For instance the english Modifications.english.php would provide...

$txt['smftrader_title'] = 'SMF Trader System';

...thus according to the language chosen the mod picks an appropriate wording for "SMF Trader System"

As vbgamer45 told you
Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 17, 2007, 07:53:12 AM
Copy text strings from themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
to every
themes/default/languages/modifications.*.php
...thus you would have the necessary files added to give the text you are missing.

cru

is it possible to put a percentage of the feedbacks, like:

trade count: (100%)

instead of the number of the feedbacks?

if tradecount is 0,  output is 0%
if tradecount is 1 positive and 1 negative, output is 50% etc...

i know the experts here know how i can do this... TIA.

TrueSatan

@ cru

Many things are possible with php coding but they may not always be easy.

You'll have to wait and see what vbgamer45 may have to say as this is his mod.

EverestTech

hi, i tried to use it with a different theme but after i put the code of smf trader system to my new theme's Display.template.php & Profile.template.php
and when i view the display and profile page it gives me database error,
can you pls help me wt should i do

EverestTech

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 24, 2007, 04:05:06 AM
@ EverestTech

Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

...and the following may also help:

hxxp:modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nonactive]

it's wow, thanks alot TrueSatan,

TrueSatan

EverestTech

how can i display positive trade count percentage instead of trade count number

TimL

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 25, 2006, 02:54:29 PM
This mod does not feature that. The way this mod works is you would have a for sale forum and then people rate others on transactions that occur.

Please add "Gift" in the drop down box.  In my cigar board we give a point when we receive a gift. Currently, we have to use "trade".

Advertisement: