News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Trader System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinspire

Quote from: perplexed on September 13, 2006, 01:16:09 PM
ah ok, so it just goes on a regular forum board?

so if I was to post that I was selling a book, the post or the item for sell (the book) doesnt link to the rating in the profile?

so if someone bought the book, they would then go to my profile and rate me as a seller?

is that how it works?

~thanks

Yeap.... Like how ebay feedback system work  ;D :D

But i am afraid this mod would be abused  :-[ vbgamers, can make it something like the karma where they are given a limit to give 5 feedback per day only ? :)

perplexed

ah ok, so at the moment, I could go and give you unlimited feedback even if you hadnt sold anything?

I can see how some people might abuse that

Vinspire

Quote from: perplexed on September 13, 2006, 02:25:55 PM
ah ok, so at the moment, I could go and give you unlimited feedback even if you hadnt sold anything?

I can see how some people might abuse that

Yeap ... I am so afraid my forummers would abuse that too. For the current condition. I've set it available for forummers above 50 post only can post a feedback onto the trader system.

maxigs

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 10, 2006, 11:16:25 AM
Can you post the code around Who.english.php line 299.

My mod doesn't modify Who.english.php I think it is another mod.

sorry to let you wait this long but i've been out for a couple of "days"

the Who.english.php (and the german one as well, when the language is in german) do not have 299 lines.. both only ~90

the only other modificatin i have in my board so far is the custom board sort mod and this one also does not change anything in the Who.xxx.php

i only found out so far, that the error onyl occurs when the profile of someone is watched who does not have any trade-counts yet
so my thought was -> no trade counts, average trade-rating divided through 0 -> this error

the users in my board are really happy about this mod, and so far seems to be working perfectly so would be great to make sure its really working properly (in case it does and this error comes from something else, i'm sorry ;) )

chinclub

I have a question, does this attach to every member's profile or can it be set to a single member group?  I was thinking if it was only for a set member group I could move participating members into that group and then the members who are not buyers or sellers won't have to worry about it.

vbgamer45

It is ataached to every group but you can disable a group from adding ratings.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

RRasco

how do i see or edit the settings?  i cant find anything different on my board at all.
Vehicle Management System for SMF - SMFGarage.com

Vinspire

Quote from: RRasco on October 25, 2006, 01:00:57 PM
how do i see or edit the settings?  i cant find anything different on my board at all.

Member groups permission under admin cp :)

RRasco

so this is JUST trader ratings, not a trading post?  any trading post available?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RRasco

im not so sure that would be its technical name, but an actual median for people to post listings of items they have for sale.

vbgamer45

This mod does not feature that. The way this mod works is you would have a for sale forum and then people rate others on transactions that occur.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maxigs

Just wanted to remind on the error i reportet earlier in this topic ;)

Yet i still have the errors showing up in the error-log but noone ever was complaining about a actual error in the frontend. yet it would be nice to have the error log clean.

I'm not enought into the smf-code so i would know where to look for the problem.

vbgamer45

Quote from: maxigs on October 30, 2006, 10:13:07 AM
Just wanted to remind on the error i reportet earlier in this topic ;)

Yet i still have the errors showing up in the error-log but noone ever was complaining about a actual error in the frontend. yet it would be nice to have the error log clean.

I'm not enought into the smf-code so i would know where to look for the problem.
Remind maybe I can look at it today.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Xarcell

I get this error when I view someone else's profile, but not my own.

2: Division by zero
File: /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xboxnarc.com/smf/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 299

This mod is awesome though. You da man!

klaus3

I have just installed and can see nothing under the users neither on the user's profile. Do I need to activate it? Is it because I am using tinyportal?

Also, are you considering developing other forums' ratings importation module?

vbgamer45

It shows up on the default theme. A link in their profile and under their username on each post they make.

Importing of ratings I would need to see the database structure.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maxigs

Quote from: Xarcell on November 04, 2006, 09:16:46 PM
I get this error when I view someone else's profile, but not my own.

2: Division by zero
File: /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xboxnarc.com/smf/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 299

-> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=98912.msg722183#msg722183
-> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=98912.msg733075#msg733075

i guess its not a critical error, but yet i still have it showing up ;)

SergeantAsh

I'm getting the same error, any news?
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Advertisement: