News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding Login/Out to a webpage

Started by ReD^DeviL, July 15, 2006, 02:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReD^DeviL

Hi. Is there a way to add the log-in/out thing on a webpage? I have my forum in another directory and i wanted to give my members the convenience to log-in from the webpage, like the one this site is using, on the homepage.
Thanks in advance :D
~RD
Goal! Football Forums -- Don't let your opinion go to waste!

www.goalforums.net

vbgamer45

It is pretty easy to do using SSI. Look into ssi_examples.php for examples using SSI and SSI.php to see the acutal functions and what they can do for you.

As long as your webpage is php all you need to do is include SSI.php from SMF's directory.

Two SSI functions that you want to use are
<?php ssi_login(); flush(); ?>
And
<?php ssi_logout(); flush(); ?>
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ReD^DeviL

Ok, I was supposed to add the code from the SSI.php onto my webpage, right? I did that, and added the login code given. Im getting this error.

QuoteWarning: main(/home/www/goalforums.net/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/goalforums.net/index.php on line 36

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/www/goalforums.net/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/share/pear') in /home/www/goalforums.net/index.php on line 36

Please help :(
~RD
Goal! Football Forums -- Don't let your opinion go to waste!

www.goalforums.net

Advertisement: