Forum is extremly slow from the internet intern it is verry fast

Started by wim25, July 15, 2006, 06:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wim25

SMF Version: Version not known
Hello,

I installed Simple Machines forum on a Fedora Core 4 server with the latest version of MySql

if i try to contact the forum from my internal network is verry fast.
But when i try to contact it from a remote location through the internet is verry slow or its wil not load at all im using a P4 2.4 Ghz server with 1 GB Mem

Please help me.

sawz

how about a link to your firums please.
any mods you may have installed.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

青山 素子

Quote from: wim25 on July 15, 2006, 06:20:13 AM
if i try to contact the forum from my internal network is verry fast.
But when i try to contact it from a remote location through the internet is verry slow or its wil not load at all im using a P4 2.4 Ghz server with 1 GB Mem

That sounds like a possible issue with your connection to the outside or something related to connections from a different network. Usually that is a server issue.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

caryb

IS your setup on an internal network & being nat'ed? As I'm experiencing the same problem. I think it is to do with apache in my case :(

MH-MINI

Of course internally it's fast, because internally you can access it at speeds of 10/100Mbit.

Make sure that you do not have IP related settings in your Settings.php, rather a DNS name which is pointed to your external IP address. Some things may be timing out when you access it externally.

Mini

wim25

Hey

This is the link

hxxp:wouter.your24.nl/forum/ [nonactive]

normally you see the standard blue background but i see only white and only login option

Help

wim25

im using natting to forward port 80 to my internal ip number 192.168.111.1

hmm >:(

青山 素子

The images probably aren't loading because SMF is using your internal IP on the page it returns back. Since you are on the outside, you can't contact it with your internal IP.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

caryb

I'm experiencing the same problem, I have trolled through the doco for support to this problem but can't find anything:( has anyone got a workaround for this problem? There must be other people nat'ing there forum in a DMZ? My site is www.qah.org.au it comes out all white with blue/black text with my local ip in the bottom taskbar of 192.168.0.226 (not routable of course) I need to find out where the setting is for the php/smf/apache to use the real Ip address.

Cary

青山 素子

It doesn't need to know the real IP address. Set the forum URL to a DNS name that uses the external IP. Note that internal machines will NOT be able to reach that machine unless the router/firewall can set up a route to reach that machine by the external IP. You can also set up an internal DNS server that will return the internal IP for that name, but doing that is beyond the scope of this issue.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: