News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Add old yabbse 1.5 data ...

Started by Senkusha, April 23, 2004, 09:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Hi, I've got an unusal problem.  When I first upgraded to SMF, I was forced to create a new database (for whatever reason the the upgrader didn't work), so I created a new database and directory structure with the clean install.  Now comes the problem.  After having my new SMF board up, I want to incorperate the old yabbse data in my SMF board.

Is there a way to do this? 

I have already tried to run some queries to insert the records from yabbse_messages, yabbse_topics, yabbse_boards (with updating the board id's to the new id's) and the yabbse_members (filtering out members that are already a part of SMF).  When I did this, My topics and messages were added, but nothing was syncronized (ie I would click on a website update topic and end up reading something completely different)  Keep in mind that the id's are auto_increment keys but I thoght I took care of that my updating the dependant keys by adding the number of id's to sync up.  I ended up with only a few messages being linked up correctly.

Please help if possible.  Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Oldiesmann

Why didn't the upgrade script work? What errors were you getting? That's the easiest way to convert old YaBB SE data to SMF...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Senkusha

Something about not being able to find the laungage files.  There were there, it just didn't work.  That's beside the point now, since I have over 150 messages in the new board.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Oldiesmann

Ok. Nevermind then. As far as updating stuff goes, it can be a real pain - I found that out when I decided to copy my data from a YaBB SE board to a fresh Enigma database (I was installing Enigma in a seperate place) and decided to re-sync all the member IDs while I was at it...

Anyway, here are some queries you can use.

Updating message ids:

UPDATE smf_messages SET ID_MSG='newid' WHERE ID_MSG='oldid'
UPDATE smf_attachments SET ID_MSG='newid' WHERE ID_MSG='oldid'
UPDATE smf_boards SET ID_LAST_MSG='newid' WHERE ID_LAST_MSG='oldid'
UPDATE smf_topics SET ID_FIRST_MSG='newid' WHERE ID_FIRST_MSG='oldid'
UPDATE smf_topics SET ID_LAST_MSG='newid' WHERE ID_LAST_MSG='oldid'

Updating board ids:

UPDATE smf_boards SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'
UPDATE smf_calendar SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'
UPDATE smf_log_boards SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'
UPDATE smf_log_mark_read SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'
UPDATE smf_log_notify SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'
UPDATE smf_moderators SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'
UPDATE smf_topics SET ID_BOARD='newid' WHERE ID_BOARD='oldid'

That will move everything around and put things where you want them. Copy all your old data into a new SMF database like you did before, and then run those queries, and copy the data over to the current SMF tables, and you should be set.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Senkusha

I just thought of why what I did didn't work with simple math:

Say I have the following message ID's in my yabbse database:

That's all well and good, BUT when I INSERTed that data into my smf database those numbers added like this (assuming 130 was the last record in the table):

So when I did my math (yabbseID - 130) to change the message id's (as well as topic id's), they didn't match up!
yabbseID = smfID = neededID
3              = 131    = 133
4              = 132    = 134
5              = 133    = 135
7              = 134    = 137
8              = 135    = 138
13            = 136    = 143

So I guess I'll need some kind of script to compare the new data against the old data
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Oldiesmann

Yeah. I'm not sure what you could do at this point, unless you would rather wipe out all the 100+ messages that are already there.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: