Enhanced Side Menus

Started by Matthew K., February 19, 2010, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Any errors during installation? And you are using Side Menu's, right?

InfoStrides

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 24, 2011, 12:59:56 PM
Any errors during installation? And you are using Side Menu's, right?

There was no error during installation. Do I have to install another mod before it can function?

shaitanfr

Work fine with RC5
Thank you

Matthew K.

rdbranson

Cannot install with 2.03.  Get warning message, including the parsing function.

Matthew K.

Not providing enough details. When are you getting the 'warning' message? What does it say? Have you tried using version emulate?

rdbranson

Using package manager after uploading from computer:

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

When using the parsing function for 2.03 in the mod section it says that the mod is "not compatible."

Matthew K.

Version Emulate and it'll work.

rdbranson

Thanks.  That worked, but I had to override a parse error message.

Anyway, do I understand correctly that I still have to modify buttons, etc. manually?

Also, will this work on the home/main pages?

Matthew K.

What are you wanting to know if you have to modify? What buttons? Ignoring a parse error means something didn't install correctly.

Also what home main pages?

rdbranson

There is no side menu showing on the home page, e.g.:

domain.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]

I can get the side menu on the admin pages, but not on the home page and I am thinking that I have to make manual changes.

What I want (eventually) is to have a side menu with dropdown that shows categories and main board titles when people first come to the forum(s).

In the mean time, any side menu is probably better than what there is now.  I know there is a lot more to this, but I need a basic side menu/listing on the main page ASAP.

NanoSector

Quote from: rdbranson on January 03, 2013, 01:42:59 PM
There is no side menu showing on the home page, e.g.:

domain.com/forum/index.php

I can get the side menu on the admin pages, but not on the home page and I am thinking that I have to make manual changes.

What I want (eventually) is to have a side menu with dropdown that shows categories and main board titles when people first come to the forum(s).

In the mean time, any side menu is probably better than what there is now.  I know there is a lot more to this, but I need a basic side menu/listing on the main page ASAP.

This is a different kind of mod that you're searching for, feel free to open a topic in the Mod Requests board.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

GL700Wing

Thanks for another great mod!!

I was able to successfully install this on SMF 2.0.4 using compatibility mode.

The only thing I noticed was that the bold text for the selected menu item in the side menu was not being displayed in the orange colour.

This can be fixed by making the following change in ./Themes/default/css/index.css

Find
.esm_active_nav_link
{
    font-size: small;
    color: #D97B33;
}

Replace with
.esm_active_nav_link
{
    font-size: small;
    color: #D97B33 !important;
}

Before and after pics attached.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Matthew K.

Hmm, thanks for the tweak. Good point! :) I'll make sure to add that when I update it.

Advertisement: