News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Alternative to the Default SMF Smileys Pack - GT pack 1

Started by GanjaTaz, August 18, 2006, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GanjaTaz

Graphic set: GanjaTaz Mixed SMF set Pack 1
Author: GanjaTaz
Preview:

Full pack can be downloaded via these links:
http://www.ganjataz.com/smileys/SMF-downloads/default-set-1/default.rar [nofollow]
http://www.ganjataz.com/smileys/SMF-downloads/default-set-1/default.zip [nofollow]

A link back to www.ganjataz.com/smileys [nofollow] would be appreciated if you use these.

Edit:
For those with Web Filters on:-
http://darkerside.co.uk/image-gallery/cpg133/displayimage.php?pos=-341 [nofollow] (.zip)
http://darkerside.co.uk/image-gallery/cpg133/displayimage.php?pos=-342 [nofollow] (.rar)

Wolfenrook

These look an awful lot like you have collected existing smileys of the internet, and just packaged them up, rather than your original work?

Wolfenrook
Thoughts are free, it's their consequences that often have a cost.

Deaks

i have to agree im afraid, considering at least two of these smileys I have seen elsewhere on a site where you can download free smileys
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

GanjaTaz

Quote from: sloopz on August 18, 2006, 12:36:13 PM
i have to agree im afraid, considering at least two of these smileys I have seen elsewhere on a site where you can download free smileys

One of two things then, either they have ripped my work or they are just similar as can happen sometimes with smileys.

They are my own work, I have created and host over 1000 of my own smileys on my site all created over the last 5 years or so.  Those above are just a small cross section I use on my own forum and thought I would share with the community.

Deaks

These 2 I have seen on sites called Metalic Smileys on each and I have used them on my old proboards forum when I started 6 years ago, so either they are exact repliccas or someone has released the same as you using a dif name
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

the proboard site isnt about so I couldnt say however some of them do look like the ones I used
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

GanjaTaz

Well I can assure you, I made all of those.  & all of the ones in the Pack I have prepared for the SMF community.

Burpee

If you're going to accuse someone of plagiarism, provide evidence.
Just accusing somebody like this really isn't right.

fallen_angel

Quote from: Burpee on August 21, 2006, 04:21:30 AM
If you're going to accuse someone of plagiarism, provide evidence.
Just accusing somebody like this really isn't right.
* fallen_angel concurs

Isn't the friendly thing to do, as one would with one's elderly granny who's just bought you a pair of neon pink socks that clash terribly with everything else in your wardrobe, to say thankyou nicely, then just not wear them? (tenuous metaphor, I know)

If I may be permitted to add my two cents worth, I've known Taz a while, have seen a large percentage of his work, and AFAIK they're all his own work. And let's face it, there's only so many variations on a smiling face you can do without it looking a bit like someone elses in some way - hell, half of mine prolly look like someone else's too.

...Not of course that I'm comparing Taz to my granny - she's 85, severely overweight, and losing her marbles, and he's not
MasterWeb & the IB Geek Girls: Outback behind the bikesheds - talking geek
ecanus.net: smileys and *stuff*
-- "You don't need eyes to see - you need vision" ~ Maxi Jazz --

Advertisement: