News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

1.1 RC3 problem in converting to UTF-8 (greek language)

Started by dkounal, August 22, 2006, 03:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkounal

Hello,
First of all, the changelog is quite big and that means that a lot of work has been done. Thank you for this great software.

I had a forum with 1.1 RC2 in greek language with codepage iso8859-7
Backup (thanks God for that!!!) all data. Throw away old version files (too many modifications most by keyboard) I uploaded a clean install in a new directory, adding also the upgrade.php and update_1.1.sql
I added the attachements and avatars old directory contents and I did an upgrade with the official script. Everything finished ok and my site was running ok the new version.

I uploaded greek-utf8 files and I did the conversion as described in http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=865.
It finished without problems but I noticed that most messages were randomly cropped.

Any ideas of how to give you more information about this problem ?
Thank you in advance

edit: I notice that it is not so random: it stops to "'" codes or to "</ B>" html codes.
I have not done "Convert HTML-entities to their UTF-8 character equivalents". Could be that the problem?
edit 2: I did it again with "Convert HTML-entities to their UTF-8 character equivalents", same problem.

Ben_S

What version of MySQL, AFAIK MySQL is what does the changes so it sounds like it may be a MySQL bug.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

dkounal

Quote from: Ben_S on August 22, 2006, 05:13:23 PM
What version of MySQL, AFAIK MySQL is what does the changes so it sounds like it may be a MySQL bug.

PHP version     4.4.2
MySQL version    4.1.19-standard

WintermuteX

Did you setup your database connection etc. to UTF-8 in /etc/mysql/my.cnf ? Do you choose any Theme that by chance would change the page encoding? Is your apache also configured to deliver UTF-8?

Advertisement: