News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

REQUEST: Mod to "auto lock" or a maintenance mod - LOCK Posts "X+" days old

Started by pmhoran, September 01, 2006, 10:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmhoran

Hi ... I made a request about 5 months ago (that ended up in Declined or Applied Requests ... without it mentioning which it was.  Or maybe thats where I posted it ... I forget).   Anyway ....

I would like a mod for RC3 that will either ... Automatically  OR  by clicking to run the mod every so often ... that will LOCK a topic if it has been "dead" for "X - plus" number of days.

On the original post someone was kind enough to direct me to this link ...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=81818.0

But I am a programming idiot ... and ... it did not mention which file I might try adding it to or where in that file it should be.   AND ... it wasn't tested by anyone ... apparently.   So I had NO idea what it might actually do to the forum.  AND ... it sounded like it wasn't a "cut & paste" code but one I would have to modify for my needs ... which for someone without any programming abilities are a few VERY scarey propositions.

As mentioned ... I am a self admitted idiot about these things ... but I can't help thinking this would be a fairly simple mod for someone knowledgeable to create ... especially if its something that I would have to run manually from time to time (which is more than OK too).

Don't know if I am the ONLY one with the problem ... but despite repeated requests not to ... my members, usually newer ones, insist on posting replies to topics that are "long dead" ... as in no activity in over 3 months.   I still want these posts available in the same category for Search purposes ... just don't want anyone replying to them.

Any takers out there???   

Thanks for your time, patience & consideration.   Its appreciated.
Peter

Advertisement: