News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF compatible with envolution portal

Started by sol812, August 29, 2003, 09:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sol812

:D

I am a old user of yabb Board - and love this board -but please check Envolution.com  portal -  98% postnuke compatible.

if the project manager here in SMF are going to make SMF  Postnuke compatible,  I will ask you to look at  the powerful portal Envolution  who is 98% compatible with postnuke but run faster and have a API for programmers to easy fix forums to work on the portal  - I believe many who find postnuke soo simple will have a big interrest to move over from to Envolution  in future  hxxp:www.envolution.com [nonactive]

SMF will be a perfect choice on Envolution portal to boost more new users.

take a look at envolution website,  - I was very surprise myself - and so easy setup - and I got support lightning fast - what is very important

sol812
"Spain"
advanced bbs master :D :D

[Unknown]

Looks interesting, I may work on a thing for it as well.

-[Unknown]

sol812

hej

project manager.  Thank you for positive and good reply
you made a good choice in this -  I am happy  you look the website - www.envolution.com 

As I already know Yabb products for years, and also still run some CGI/perl  Yabb sites  + yabbSE I will support you  i your future work  promote your  BBS and portal products you support and  help people local undertand use it  -

if you need more information, or contact to Envolution Portal you maybe like contact  Project manager, Erik Barr  "apathyboy" on ENVO  homepage   here is a link :
hxxp:www.envolution.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=pncgroups&file=index&showgid=20 [nonactive]

kind regards
sol812
advanced sysop

sol812

RE: webmaster information.

We still wait for simplemachine BBS ( before YABB-SE)relase of a public beta 1 - in the meantime we move forward and give this update about Envo .

subj.: Envolution 1.2.6 Release ( october 2003 )

info main site : hxxp:www.envolution.com [nonactive]
info sol812 bbs : hxxp:www.sol812.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=portalcms_cat [nonactive]

Development move forward, in high tempo
--------------------------------------------------------------
development on Envolution move fast forward, The code cleanup is going great and is now nearly complete. The first test version of this new codebase should be ready by the end of this week, and the first release version should be ready by mid October. Here are a list of changes to expect in the 1.2.6 release:

* Major bug fixes resolved
* Code optimisation throughout the entire system
* New administration panel
* New user panel with workflow built in
* New news module with full images support and better multipage support (also takes advantage of the workflow system)
* Encompass/render enhancements (full tableless/css layout options)
* Better organization and naming of files
* Removed postnuke branding (no envolution branding is being added)
* Optimized Database Schema* Improved installers and upgraders
* Revised manual reflecting all new changes for the 1.2.6 release

These are just a few of the things to expect in this next release, with the possibility of more additions to come. We would love to hear your feedback on this, and if there is a feature missing from Envolution that you think we need now is the time to let us know!

Envolution Staff

We are now looking to recruit new staff members to help out with the Envolution project. The positions we are now looking for include:

Forum Moderators
Staff Writers
Developers

If you are interested in any of these positions please feel free to send me a private message or email me at [email protected].

Envolution Website Redesign

With the release of Envolution 1.2.6 we will be releasing a new design for the Envolution website as well as a better organization of the content within. At that time we will begin a new effort to release more content on the website including weekly or daily project updates, Envolution programming articles and tutorials, Theme developement articles and tutorials, as well as bringing you the latest theme, module, and block release news.

I'm looking forward to this next month as many great changes and enhancements are coming. It should be a pretty exciting time for the project and the community. As always if there are any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to private message me or email me at [email protected].

article edit by : sol812

Advertisement: