Deleting a message won't remove it from the Last Posts

Started by Alexandre P., May 27, 2004, 05:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre P.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=11626.0

It seems that when a moderator delete a post in a topic, the forum still think the deleted posts exist and that they are shown in the "Last posts", the profile, the stats, the 5 last posts' summary, everywhere except in the topic where were the deleted posts.  It causes errors to visitors clicking the links to deleted posts.

This error disapears when doing a "Find and repair any errors." repairs the error.  But as the moderators don't have access to this section of the board...

(Don't know if it is a bug - I'm sure it's not - or a normal thing, and that should be proposed as a feature request)
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Grudge

I cannot duplicate this problem on my test board which is running the current CVS version of the code. Hopefully this means it's not an actual bug - anymore at least!

EDIT: Can you get him to check ALL his files are the correct version. It's a very odd bug to have I believe...
I'm only a half geek really...

dschwab9

If the recycle bin is enabled won't the post still show up in the last 5 posts thing, in their profile, etc, since the post technically still exists?

Grudge

It will if you have access to the recycle bin yes.
I'm only a half geek really...

Alexandre P.

Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Advertisement: