Language select menu not appearting.. Help please..rc

Started by ramystyle, October 26, 2006, 11:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramystyle

Hi,

I've installed the latest SMF (CR3) and and I have setup my board correctly !
In the admin section, I've checked "Enable user-selectable language support".
I have uploaded the FRENCH language package to my ftp.

My problem is: The select language menu (drop down menu) is not appearing on my pages.. How do I make it appear?

Your help is appreciated !

:)

IchBin™

Not sure I understand what you're asking about. The select drop down menu for what? Navigation at the bottom of the forum? What theme are you using?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

ramystyle

Look at the top of this forum (on the right..) You have the option to select a language (The default selected is English). That Drop down menu is non existant on my forum.. I want to let my users to select their language as well...

I'm using the default  theme !!

I hope I was clearer this time :)

Thanks

IchBin™

I don't think that is part of the theme. Thats something you'll have to add the code in for. This is about the only thing I found that could help you on your way.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=17595.0

Oldiesmann

The dropdown language list at the top of the page here is a custom modification, not a built-in feature.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ramystyle

I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply !! I'm new here :)

So now I know that this is not part of the script. It's a piece of code that I need to add.
My goal is to make it look like in this forum (A drop down menu with the choices of English or French).
If I click on my forum and try index.php?language=french  It works fine !! 

So Anyone kind enough to give me the piece of code to add in index.template.php to have this ? (And where to add it)   :-[

ramystyle

IchBin™

Haven't tried it myself, but I'm sure you can get what you want from that code. Glad I could help. :)

Advertisement: