SMFChess

Started by feeble, November 26, 2006, 07:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I am sure Feeble is working as hard as he can to get all this out for everyone. Please be patient.

JaGuR123

Yeh give the bloke a break , it's not like he is getting any money for doing this .... so ease up on him, he has done a great job and should be thanked  for it ::)

PLAYBOY

Quote from: JaGuR123 on December 17, 2007, 05:11:24 PM
Yeh give the bloke a break , it's not like he is getting any money for doing this .... so ease up on him, he has done a great job and should be thanked  for it ::)

He has been thanked for it. Especially by me lots of times and yes he has done a wonderful job with this mod. My concern was its been a year and its not even in the Modifications section yet.

Of course we all thank him for his dedication. But we would like to have him spend a little more (just a little more) time on this. :)

feeble

Quote from: PLAYBOY on December 17, 2007, 11:26:10 PM
He has been thanked for it. Especially by me lots of times and yes he has done a wonderful job with this mod. My concern was its been a year and its not even in the Modifications section yet.

Of course we all thank him for his dedication. But we would like to have him spend a little more (just a little more) time on this. :)

Hey Playboy, I do actually agree with everything you have said, and I feel quite guilty.

I dont have any excuses to give, cause I dont really have any. But I am definitely still work on it.
Quote- a language file
- an official release
- buttons
- a solution to king-castle problem (i cant make king-castle)
Pretty much dead on and all point are the current main priorities.

All I is that I'm nearly there, and will have a new release shortly.

feeble

Ok, tonight I got around to fixing up the bbc code for the next version.

What new? well its actually fixed now, displays the grid correctly which is a good start, and have a blank square in the first grid is good as well

Also ive added the ability to flip the board, if you prefer to have black below.

on top of this, you can now highlight any square on the board using '!' which will be in the new highlight color option

example
[chess=black]rn!bqk!bn!r/p!pp!pp!ppp/!131!3/8/8/8/PP!PPP!PPP/RNB!QKB!NR[/chess]

[chess]1n!bqk!bn!r/p!pp!pp!ppp/!131!3/8/8/8/PP!PPP!PPP/RNB!QKB!NR[/chess]

I added in the feature request to change the chat area to either log, chat or both.
This means, ive removed the option in the settings to show log. Reason for this, is because your selection is saved when you switch between.

Also added an experimental preview button in the current matches page.
Basically, when you click on the link, a tooltip is used, and the board is pull using ajax and displayed. Code is similar to that used in the bbc
This should allow quick viewing of the board, if it works well, ill be adding it to several other places.
Should come in handy, once i get around to putting in the tournament

p.s. Ill alter this format as I go along, but I think this might be a good way to stream out updates, just with a quick post of whats been added, similar to a blog.
This way well 1/ you know I'm still working on it   :P 2/ You can suggest/or question these updates/changes

Chopper

I have installed a new theme (Back-n-Black) and cant get the Chess option to show up. How can i edit the theme? I have used the SMF parser package but the Chess button isnt in the correct place and the chess board isnt showing up correctly. Any ideas?

feeble

Quote from: Chopper on December 20, 2007, 09:52:37 AM
I have installed a new theme (Back-n-Black) and cant get the Chess option to show up. How can i edit the theme? I have used the SMF parser package but the Chess button isnt in the correct place and the chess board isnt showing up correctly. Any ideas?

For manual theme changes, head here
http://www.leaderless.net/PackageParser/index.php?show=theme

Its possible that the button code is different for blacknblack theme

What do you mean the chess board isnt showing up correctly?

Chopper

Quote from: Feeble on December 21, 2007, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: Chopper on December 20, 2007, 09:52:37 AM

For manual theme changes, head here
http://www.leaderless.net/PackageParser/index.php?show=theme

Its possible that the button code is different for blacknblack theme

What do you mean the chess board isnt showing up correctly?

I have already tried to edit the theme but none of the codes in the link you provided can be found?

By the board i mean teh square colours. I can see the pieces but the board appears to have gone awol

Chopper

I seem to be getting somewhere now. The only problem i have is the board doesnt show at all?

Bigguy

Have you tried changing the board color with the sliders in the admin panel. Maybe they are set wrong.

Chopper

I have tried that bigguy to no avail im afraid :(

Bigguy

Did all the images from the mod upload. I would check that out.

Chopper

Quote from: Bigguy on December 22, 2007, 11:16:44 AM
Did all the images from the mod upload. I would check that out.

Everything has uploaded ok so im stumped

Bigguy

Have you tried installing and uninstalling the mod to see if that fixes it.

Chopper

Quote from: Bigguy on December 22, 2007, 12:11:39 PM

Seems like alot of hassle just to get it working on a different theme. Hmmmmmm i think il leave it thanks for your help

brianjw

What kind of languages are these thing in between the bbc lol

[chess=black]rn!bqk!bn!r/p!pp!pp!ppp/!131!3/8/8/8/PP!PPP!PPP/RNB!QKB!NR[/chess]

[chess]1n!bqk!bn!r/p!pp!pp!ppp/!131!3/8/8/8/PP!PPP!PPP/RNB!QKB!NR[/chess]

There is no way in hell I understand that lol! :)

Bigguy

Sorry to hear that. Almost any mod that touches the template files you will have to do manual edits for. Does it all work on the default theme. ??? Have you made sure that any template files that the chess mod uploads during install have been moved to the theme you are usings folder.

Quote from: Chopper on December 22, 2007, 12:43:21 PM

Seems like alot of hassle just to get it working on a different theme. Hmmmmmm i think il leave it thanks for your help

Chopper

Quote from: Bigguy on December 22, 2007, 03:45:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. Almost any mod that touches the template files you will have to do manual edits for. Does it all work on the default theme. ??? Have you made sure that any template files that the chess mod uploads during install have been moved to the theme you are usings folder.

Quote from: Chopper on December 22, 2007, 12:43:21 PM

Yeah it works fine on default theres obviously something ive missed. Thanks for your help Bigguy ;D

Bigguy

Have you made sure that any template files that the chess mod uploads during install have been moved to the theme you are usings folder

JaGuR123

Quote from: Chopper on December 21, 2007, 08:31:35 PM
I seem to be getting somewhere now. The only problem i have is the board doesnt show at all?

It's a Theme specific CSS problem , you will have to find the correlating code in the style.css file in the themes folder

Advertisement: