News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Invision 1.3 to SMF

Started by Owen, June 29, 2004, 12:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen

Hey, Ive installed SMF, and used the converter found on the download page, however, there have been a few problems.
The main one being that not all the posts have been transferred over, its strange, but only the latest ones are showing up.
On the index page it says, for example,
261 Posts in
18 Topics
However, there is one post that shows and that has 4 replies  :o
On the index.php page it says latest post:  Last post on May 16, 2003, 12:51:06
Yet on that forum page it says: June 26, 2004, 01:08:34 AM.

On many of the boards it comes up with the latest post being what it isnt, and the link says "this thread no longer exists"
Many of the boards also have no posts in them.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Owen

Just had a look through the MySQL database, and it seems all the topics are there, it just doesn't link to them for some reason.
I've also tried the repair settings tool, that doesn't help matters :(

Ben_S

Try Admin > Forum Maintenance > Find and repair any errors.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Owen

Cheers sorted it.  Most of the posts had errors in the starting posts, don't know why that was, but all done and dusted now :)
Thanks ben_s.

compa

I have the same problem, just two of my forums have 'posts' but they don't show up, running the maintanance gives an enormous amount (invision had 3500+ posts) leaving only two topics with 4 and 11 posts

So, the other 3400+ posts are brought back to a lot of these lines in the fix screen:

Message 62 has a non-existent topic ID: 13

compa

just adding, select * from smf_topics only shows to topics, ill try to see what goes wrong with the transfer of those topics from ipb to smf

[Unknown]

Did you have any modifications/hacks?

-[Unknown]

compa

no, i just 'got rid' of the 'waiting splash screen' but that's no 'real' modification, im currently trying to figure out where it goes wrong, it just doesn' t transfer the topics, because of someting wrong on 'the 3th insert statement' of step 3

(i broke down the insert statement into seperate statements)

so, the two topics that did make it

| ID_TOPIC | isSticky | ID_BOARD | ID_FIRST_MSG | ID_LAST_MSG | ID_MEMBER_STARTED | ID_MEMBER_UPDATED | ID_POLL | numReplies | numViews | locked |
+----------+----------+----------+--------------+-------------+-------------------+-------------------+---------+------------+----------+--------+
|       29 |        0 |        4 |            0 |           0 |                 4 |                 4 |       3 |         10 |       99 |      1 |
|       21 |        0 |        3 |            0 |           0 |                 3 |                 3 |       0 |          3 |       47 |      1 |

and the 'broken-down' query that fails

INSERT INTO smf_topics (ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_BOARD, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_POLL, numReplies, numViews,     -> locked) VALUES ('20', '0', '3', '3', '3', '', '0', '7', '1');
ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry '0-3' for key 3

compa

PRIMARY KEY (ID_TOPIC),
  UNIQUE lastMessage (ID_LAST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
  UNIQUE firstMessage (ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_BOARD),

So it fails because the ID_LAST = 0 and/or ID_FIRST =0 with the 3th insert and because they should be unique this insert fails ... it now sort of falls into place for me ... now lets work on howto fix it  ...

from Step 4 i get the following;

- insert all 'topics' from invision -> smf
- update all smf_topics entries with correct LAST and FIRST id's

But it never gets to the update as the insert fails on the UNIQUE failing, is this a database problem with my mysql (eg should you be able to override the UNIQUEs) or should the insert never take place and just the 'update' clause?

[Unknown]

Doesn't the converter drop the unique keys?

-[Unknown]

compa

damn, you're right ... i didn't see it in the code (should have checked better, i know) ... my smf_db_user didn't have alter table rights, could be something to check for in the code though, but now it works with about 2 'empty' topics using the 'find and repair' and a dozen bad startmsgs

thx for pointing this n00b in the right direction  :-X

Hal9000

i also had problems, many topics with +500 replies didn't show up.
i then run the repair tool in the forum maintenance and now it seems to work.
However, the tool said it deleted 36 topics without any messages in them... i will check if nothing is actually lost...
still will do a bit of testing, but SMF is going to be THE upgrade :D

bets

I converted from invision 1.3.1 final to SMF 1.0.1. works fine except for some major probs

With my admin account, everything is as it should be, works fine.
But whenever one of the members log in all the other forums disappear and only one is visible. the Recent posts doesnt display anything . If they are not logged in, the forum displays fine. wht could be the problem. any help ? please!!

weekend camper

As a former Invision fanboy, I can offer the following:

permissions are quite a bit different in SMF ... specifically in that the USER can have permissions, and the forum boards can have different (unique) permissions as well.  Check that the member groups have the right permissions and also that your SMF boards are correct. 

There will be tons of posts here on how to do the above.

PS also, making a new thread here will likely get you help much quicker as [Unknown] said/implies here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=14864.0

bets

I think i've figured out the prob thanks. this is a great piece of work :)

Advertisement: